|Worldwide Bi-Metallic Collectors Club|
WBCC Newsmail 328, Volume 7, November 23, 2002
Dear WBCC Members and Non WBCC Members,
I really hope you enjoy reading this weeks WBCC Newsmail !!
1. New WBCC Member ... by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal Point
We have a new WBCC member. Let me introduce himm to you.
Name: Javier Oraindi (WBCC member #280), Argentina
E-mail: No longer provided online
2. My new E-mail address.....by Carlos Suarez, Uruguay
Please read my new E-mail address: Carlos Suarez (WBCC member #154), Uruguay
3. Bi-metallic from Pobjoy "Coin of the Year" 1990 ... by Cliff Anderson, USA
Appearing in this week's "new images" is a bimetallic piece from the Pobjoy Mint. It is inscribed "Coin of the Year Winner 1990", marking the 150th anniversary of the issuance of the British penny black stamp, and showing that stamp's image. The reverse shows "Awarded by World Coin New to Pobjoy Mint", and also shows the logo of the publisher of Coin News, Krause Publications, "since 1952".
That same year, 1990, Pobjoy also issued a bimetallic piece marking the "Queen's Award for Export Achievement", presumably awarded to the Pobjoy Mint itself, which added its address and phone number in Sutton Surrey, England.
These two items are listed in TWOB, section 4, under Great Britain.
4. Bi-metallic Token from Colombia ... by Cliff Anderson, USA
In WBCC's New Section is a companion piece to what was submitted by WBCC member Andres Ono. Andres indicated that its source was unknown. This attached piece is 20mm and has a smaller inner core than as shown on Andres's piece, but its design is the same. My source indicated that it is a Colombian "fiesta" token, which may mean it is an amusement piece.
5. Bi-metallics from South-Korea ... by Michael Ayrapetov, USA
6. Bi-metallics from the USA ... by Michael Ayrapetov, USA
Today I received "THE FARE BOX", issue of October 2002 of American Vecturist Association. Inside this issue I found two New Bimetallic USA transportation Tokens in Supplements to "Car Wash Token of North America" and "Atwood -Coffee Cataalogue", both by Harold V. Ford:
* Bi-metallic Car Wash Token, WA 440 D, Kennewick, Washington, Hura Clean Car Wash Centers Self Service Car Wash Tri-Cities Washington, No Cash Value, Mint Mark RWM (Roger Williams Mint), Brass, 25 mm Diameter of Ring, 8 mm stainless steel Center, Valued at $1.00;
* Encased USA Cent, Club Tour Token, CT 3, Wisconsin, Good for One Passage/Chicago ANA - Iola, Wisconsin, Present Upon Boarding/KP (Krause Publications) KP/August 18, 1991, Aluminun Ring, 35 mm.
7. Bi-metallic Holed Tokens... by Michael Ayrapetov, USA
In the end of "My list of Holey Tokens" of F. Pivari (Italy), founder of the Worldwide Holey Tokens & Coins Collectors Club(WHTCCC), I found the 19 "Bimetallic holed tokens". Some Bimetallic holed tokens are unlisted. See them HERE.
8. The WBCC Bi-metallic Quiz Game #328 ... by Jack Hepler, USA
Octavio Paz, (1914-1998) was honored on the 2000 Bi-metallic 20 Pesos of
Mexico for his literary work. He was also honored with a Nobel Prize for
Literature in 1990. In addition to his love for writing he worked as a
publisher. From 1962 to 1968 he worked in Japan, France, the USA and India
at what totally unrelated profession?
9. New Bi- or Tri-metallic Images ... by Rod Sell, Australia
The new Bi and Tri-metallic images shown at: New Images. Newly listed are:
10. WBCC Auction 50 ... by Rod Sell, WBCC Auction Provider
11. My Bi-metallic Offer ... by Joel Anderson, USA
"See you" next week,
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was established September 14, 1996 and is the very first Worldwide Collectors Club using the Internet. Goal of the WBCC is exchange Bi-metallics and exchange knowledge about Bi-metallics
WBCC Websmaster, JD White, USA.
WBCC Auction Provider, Rod Sell, Australia.
WBCC DoCu-Centre: Frans Dubois, Netherlands.
WBCC Public Relations: Cliff Anderson,USA.
WBCC Research Centre: Paul Baker, UK.
WBCC Developement Centre: Jack Hepler, USA.
WBCC ANA Focal Point: Ray Lockwood, USA.
WBCC Focal Point: Martin Peeters, Netherlands
Bi-metallic Forum Page
The WBCC is officially sponsored for the Basel World Money Fair by:
* Imprensa Nacional - Casa da Moeda, S.A (The Portuguese Mint) and Schuler Presses, Germany.