|Worldwide Bi-Metallic Collectors Club|
WBCC Newsmail 331, Volume 7, December 14, 2002
Dear WBCC Members and Non WBCC Members,
I really hope you enjoy reading this weeks WBCC Newsmail !!
1. My New E-mail address ... by Bill Arnold, USAPlease read my new E-mail address: Bill Arnold (WBCC member #247) (No Loger Provided Online).
2. Bi-metallic Swiss 5 Swiss Francs 2002 ... by Hans Bucek, Switzerland
The Swiss mint will issue a 2003 Bi-metallic 5 Franc at the occasion of the World Coin Fair in Basel (1 + 2 February 2003). The Swiss Mint continues with the series of Swiss costumes, this time: “Chalanda Marz” On first of March – or the following Saturday- early morning, young boys with big bells (you may know them as the typical swiss souvenier bells) as the cows wear them on the alps, are strolling through the villages of the Engadin (the upper Inn valley, Canton of Graubunden) and ring the bells whilst elder boys try to keep the group of youngsters together, using whips. A noisy spectacle which is to drive out the winter.
I have no record how the coin will look like but for sure some cow-bells will be on it. 120’000 unc and 13’500 proof coins will be minted and I was told some 700 “essay” coins also. You may try from time to time the homepage . (Not yet on its homepage).
3. Bi-metallics from Thailand ... by Rod Sell, Australia
The following news about 2 new 10 Baht Bi-metallics from Thailand
information from Suchai.
4. Bi-metallic from Tunesia ... by Massimiliano Aiello, Italy
"The Central Bank of Tunisia, after the circulation one, has issued the same
type of Commemorative Bi-metallic Coin of 5 Dinars 2002 in Gold and Silver.
The main characteristics of this commemorative coin are the following:
5. Bi-metallic Mistrike Dominican Republic ... by Massimiliano Aiello, Italy
If you take a look in the New Images, you can see pictures of an incredible coinage error of a Dominican Republic 5 Pesos 2002 coin.
6. Bi-metallic from Ukraine ... by Michael Ayrapetov, USA
In "Issue of Ukrainian Commemorative Coins planned for 2003" I found two
Bi-metallic 5 Hryven coins:
7. Bi-metallic UK "Euros" in 8 Piece Unc Set ... by Paul Baker, UK
Perhaps due just to the apparent great success of the proof set of U.K. "Euro Patterns" the same company has since a few weeks ago been offering an "Uncirculated" set of these pieces. There is no "5 Euro" pieces on these sets. I have seen a number of sets on eBay the prices achieved seem to be around 30 to 50 USD. The retail/issue price for the set in the U.K. would seem to be 25 Pounds and I have seen one in the shop of a local dealer. The packaging in of the same general style as most of British Royal Mint's "Brilliant Uncirculated" coins sets, only somewhat smaller. These "Euro sets" are issued/marketed by a company called International Numismatic Agency as were the "Proof" sets. This company also advertises (in the December issue of "Coin News" (Token Publishing)) a Danish set of "Euro Patterns", they have varied portraits for the "country-sides" and the "other-sides" as per the 1c through 2E of the "UK" series.
8. The WBCC Bi-metallic Quiz Game #331 ... by Jack Hepler, USA
Sigmund Freud is honored on the Bi-metallic 2000 Austrian 50 Schillings.
He was born May 6, 1856 and at the age of four, moved to Vienna from his
home of birth. He was, however born in a town that is not in current
Austria. In which country does the birthplace of Sigmund Freud now
9. New Bi- or Tri-metallic Images ... by Rod Sell, Australia
The new Bi and Tri-metallic images shown at: New Images. Newly listed are:
10. WBCC Auction 50 Last Day ... by Rod Sell, WBCC Auction ProviderAuction 50 is now in it's last day. To check on the latest bids on the 91 lots listed go toAuction 50. I am sure there is an item here to tempt each member. Please email me your bids NOW to: Rod Sell. Don't leave your bid to the last minute or a delay with email will mean you miss the lot.
"See you" next week,
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was established September 14, 1996 and is the very first Worldwide Collectors Club using the Internet. Goal of the WBCC is exchange Bi-metallics and exchange knowledge about Bi-metallics
WBCC Websmaster, JD White, USA.
WBCC Auction Provider, Rod Sell, Australia.
WBCC DoCu-Centre: Frans Dubois, Netherlands.
WBCC Public Relations: Cliff Anderson,USA.
WBCC Research Centre: Paul Baker, UK.
WBCC Developement Centre: Jack Hepler, USA.
WBCC ANA Focal Point: Ray Lockwood, USA.
WBCC Focal Point: Martin Peeters, Netherlands
Bi-metallic Forum Page
The WBCC is officially sponsored for the Basel World Money Fair by:
* Imprensa Nacional - Casa da Moeda, S.A (The Portuguese Mint) and Schuler Presses, Germany.