|Worldwide Bi-Metallic Collectors Club|
WBCC Newsmail 343, Volume 8, March 8, 2003
Dear WBCC Members and Non WBCC Members,
Come into the World Of Bi-metallics. I really hope you enjoy reading this weeks WBCC Newsmail !!
1. New WBCC Member ... by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal Point
We have a WBCC member. Let me introduce him to you:
2. The WBCC Attending ANA 2003 ... by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal Pointv
The WBCC will attande this years ANA at Baltimore from 07-31 till 08-03. We could arrange a meeting special for WBCC members. The day is Saturday, August 2, at 1:30 P.M. in Room 312 of the Baltimore Convention Center. If there is enough interest, then we can do so. Please send a message to WBCC Focal Point ANA Conventions: Ray Lockwood if you will come to this meeting, otherwise we cancel the room.
3. Bi-metallic Transdniestria 100 Rouble 2002 Inlay ... by Manuel González, Spain
Transdniestria (Moldova) has issued a inlay 100 Rouble 2002, commemorate Bankers Jubilee 2002, mintage 500 pcs. Composition is silver and at the * front-side with 3 golden letters is emblem of the Bank.
4. The WBCC Bi-metallic Quiz Game #342 ... by Jack Hepler, USA
In 1830, Ecuador became an independent Republic when it seded from Gran
Colombia. In 1995 and 1996, Ecuador honored three of its country national
heroes with the issue of their first Bi-metallic coinage. One of the heroes
was brought to power in 1925 by a military coup. He immediately set about
the job of creating the Central Bank and instituting many economic reforms.
Who was this visionary of Ecuador?
Answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #342
Marcus Mosiah Garvey (1887-1940) was a hero among the common people of
Jamaica. He was honored in 2000 on the Bi-metallic 20 Dollars of Jamaica.
He was well known for his work as a writer, publisher and supporter of
improved conditions for Africans all over the world. One idea he
helped start to encourage African pride was to start companies owned and
operated by blacks. What was one of the most famous of these businesses?
5. WBCC Quiz Game Prize ... by Jack Hepler, USA
This week a special prize will be awarded to some lucky person who plays the WBCC Quiz Game. The prize will be 2001 Russian 10 Roubles honoring Yuri Gagarin Bi-metallic to a player of the game who answers the question correctly. If more than one member gets the question right, a drawing will be conducted to select a winner. The winner of the Three coin set from Turkey was Claudio Revello, WBCC member #207.
6. New Bi- or Tri-metallic Images ... by Rod Sell, Australia
The new Bi and Tri-metallic images shown at: New Images. New listed are:
7. WBCC Auction 53 Last Days ... by Rod Sell, WBCC Auction ProviderAuction 53 is now in it's last few days. The 46 interesting lots listed can be seen at: Auction 53. E-mail your bids to me: Rod Sell. Do not leave your bids to the last minute as any delay in email will mean you miss out. Good luck.
"See you" next week,
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was established September 14, 1996 and is the very first Worldwide Collectors Club using the Internet. Goal of the WBCC is exchange Bi-metallics and exchange knowledge about Bi-metallics
WBCC Webmaster & Auction Provider, Rod Sell, Australia.
WBCC DoCu-Centre: Frans Dubois, Netherlands.
WBCC Public Relations: Cliff Anderson,USA.
WBCC Research Centre: Paul Baker, UK.
WBCC Developement Centre: Jack Hepler, USA.
WBCC ANA Focal Point: Ray Lockwood, USA.
WBCC Focal Point: Martin Peeters, Netherlands
Bi-metallic Forum Page
The WBCC is officially sponsored for the Basel World Money Fair by:
* Imprensa Nacional - Casa da Moeda, S.A (The Portuguese Mint) and Schuler Presses, Germany.