WBCC Newsmail 385,
Volume 8, December 27, 2003
Composed with help from
members of the
Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC),
and weekly published by: Martin
Netherlands, Focal Point of the WBCC
Dear WBCC Members and Non
Welcome into the World Of Bi-metallics. I really hope you enjoy
reading this weeks WBCC Newsmail and let me start with:
Let me start with: A Happy (Bi-metallic) New Year (US, UK, Canada), Een Gelukkig
Nieuwjaar (Netherlands), Kodt nytt år (Norway), Head Uut Aastat (Estland),
Onnellista Uuta Vuottai (Finland), Shana Tova (Israel), Ein gutes Neues Jahr
(Germany), Felice anno nuovo (Italy), Feliz Año Nuevo (Spain), Saehae
Bok Mani Baduseyo (Korea), Boldog Uj Evet (Hungary), chastlivogo Novogo Goda
(Russia), Bonne et heureuse nouvelle année (France), Godt nytår
(Danmark), Statstny Novy rok (Slovakia), Szczesliwego Nowego Roku (Poland),
Um próspero Ano novo (Portugugal), Sretna Nova Godina (Croatia), Stastny
ovy Rok (Czech Republic), Lyckligt Nytt År (Sweden), Laimingu
Naujuju Metu (Lithuania), Laimingu jauno gadu (Latvia), Xing nian kuai le
(China), SinNiKuaiLo (Taiwan), Manigong Bagong Taon (Philippines), Naya Saal
Mubarak (Hindi), Sun Lin Fi Lok (Hong Kong) to ALL and from ALL WBCC members.
1. New look for the WBCC Newsmail...by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal
From now on the WBCC Nerwsmail will look different as you can see further
Till now the WBCC Newsmail was send in Text-format only. From now on the
format will be in HTML-format. In this format one can put in pictures and
graphics or scans. Please let me know what you think about this new look.
The Archived file will not change format or have images.
2. New WBCC members.....by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal Point
We have a WBCC member. Let me introduce him to you:
Name: Alfonso Saussol Palazón (WBCC member #315), Spain
Hobby: Collecting Bi-metallic coins
How did I know about the WBCC: by other collectors of coins
3. WBCC Encased World Project..by Rod Sell, manager WBCC Encased
This year I started the project to encase the coins of the World in a WBCC
This will be a long term project, as it will take a long time to assembe
the coins of the World that correspond in size and colour to the rings and
dies that we have. Some Countries we may never obtain, but we can try.
The 22 countries encased so far can be seen at: http://wbcc-online.com/enceuro/encworld.html
I hope to be able to encase coins from 2 or 3 countries each month.
I am also encasing the US State Quarter series. We are now half way into
the series and will have to wait another 5 years until the last 25 Quarters
are released. The US State Quarters encased so far can be seen at: http://wbcc-online.com/enceuro/encquarter.html
4. The WBCC and the World Money Fair...by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal
The World Money Fair in Basel Zwitserland (Europe's bigest coin fair) will
be held from January 31 till February 1, 2004. If you take a look into the
WBCC New Images section:
you can see the WBCC will be at Booth 540.
5. Bi-metallic from Ukraine...by Michael Ayrapetov, USA
On December 23, 2003 National Bank of Ukraine issued new Bi-metallic 5 Hryven
coin 2003 "Bandura" in series "Folk Musical Instruments".The coin have a
Weight of 9.4 grams, Diameter of 28 mm, and mintage of 30000.
6. Bi-metallic Pattern 1 and 2 Euro..by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
As you know many Pattern Euro sets (with the Bi-metallic 1 and 2 Euro Patterns)
are made now. Here is an overview of Pattern Euro sets (dated, Country, in
a Blister or in a Box), do you know more?
* 2002, Andorra (Blister, 8 coins)
* 2004 Andorra (Box, 9 coins)
* 2004, Czech Republic (Blister, announced)
* 2004, Czech Republic (Box, announced)
* 2004, Cyprus (Blister, announced)
* 2004, Cyprus (Box, announced)
* 2003, Denmark (Blister 8 coins)
* 2004 Danmark (Box 9 coins)
* 2004, Hungary (Blister, announced)
* 2004, Hungary (Box, announced)
* 2003, Malta (Blister, 8 pieces)
* 2003, Malta (Box, 8 pieces)
* 2004, Poland (Blister, announced)
* 2004, Poland (Box, announced)
* 2004 Rumania (Blister, 8 coins)
* 2004 Slovenia (Blister, announced)
* 2004 Slovenia (Box, announced)
* 2003, Sweden (Blister, 8 pieces)
* 2003, Sweden (Box, Proof 9 pieces)
* 2003, Zwitserland (Blister, 8 pieces)
* 2002, UK/Queen Elizabeth (Blister, 8 pieces)
* 2003, Uk/Scotland (Blister, 8 pieces)
* 2003, Uk/Scotland (Box,Proof 9 pieces)
* 2004, Vatican (announced)
WBCC member Paul Baker from the UK send me information about the true Euro
pattern set. The "1794" Euro Pattern Coin Set.
If you take a look at:
It is from the The Birmingham Mint and only 75 are made, but the price...woow!
7. Bi-metallic 100 Pesos from Mexico..by Denis Buric, Croatia
Interesting news about new 32 Bi-metallic coins from Mexico. Click here:
and you can see 4 of them.
8. The WBCC Bi-metallic Quiz Game #385...by Jack Hepler, USA
Two countries have honored the importance of rice on a Bi-metallic coin.
One of these countries is Thailand. Which other country shows a rice plant?
a. People's Republic of China.
b. Republic of China, Taiwan.
Please send your answer to me: email@example.com
Note: The image of this coin may be seen on the WBCC Website at http://wbcc-online.com
Answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #384.
Latvia issued a Bimetallic 2 Lati in 1999. On one side is the national crest
showing images of a lion and a griffin. The reverse side also includes an
animal in the design. Which animal is featured on the Bi-metallic Latvian
2 Lati reverse?
Answer to Question #384 is "a"; cow.
Summary of Quiz Game Question #383: 13 players.
9. WBCC Quiz Game Prize...by Jack Hepler, USA
The special prize to be awarded to a member who correctly answers the WBCC
Quiz Game this week (#385) will be a 1997 Bi-metallic 1000 Sucres of Ecuador.
If more than one member gets the question right, a random drawing will be
conducted to select a winner. The winner of the Bi-metallic $5 of Zimbabwe(WBCC
Newsmail #383) is Michael Ayrapetov (WBCC member #8).
10. New Bi- or Tri-metallic images....by Rod Sell, Australia
The new Bi- and Tri-metallic image shown at:
New listed are:
* 1883 Medal. The 400th Birthday of Martin Luther. Images from Martin Blau
* 1882 Medal. The 250th Anniversary of death of Gustav Adolf King of Sweden.
Images from Martin Blau
11. WBCC Auction 63 accepting lots...by Rod Sell, WBCC Auction Provider
You have just 6 day to list your lots for Auction 63 which starts on the
3rd January 2004.
The lots listed can be seen at: http://wbcc-online.com/auction/auction63.html
Please email your lots to me NOW at Rod.Sell@elderwyn.com
"See you" next year,
Martin Peeters, Focal Point of the
Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was established September
14, 1996 and is the very first Worldwide Collectors Club using the Internet.
Goal of the WBCC is exchange Bi-metallics and exchange knowledge about Bi-metallics
WBCC Webmaster & Auction Provider, Rod Sell, Australia.
WBCC DoCu-Centre: Frans Dubois, Netherlands.
WBCC Public Relations: Cliff Anderson,USA.
WBCC Research Centre: Paul Baker,
WBCC Developement Centre: Jack Hepler,
WBCC ANA Focal Point: Ray Lockwood,
WBCC Focal Point: Martin Peeters,
Bi-metallic Forum Page
The WBCC is officially sponsored for the Basel World Money Fair by:
* Imprensa Nacional - Casa da Moeda, S.A (The Portuguese Mint) and Schuler