WBCC Newsmail 416,
Volume 9, July 31, 2004
Composed with help from
members of the
Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC),
and weekly published by: Martin Peeters,
Netherlands, Focal Point of the WBCC
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
Welcome into the World Of Bi-metallics. I really hope you enjoy reading
this weeks WBCC Newsmail.
1. New WBCC members.....by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal Point
Name: Eugene Apter (WBCC member #344), Australia
Profession: Business Software Sales/Administration
Hobby: World coins and tokens especially Bi- and/or Tri-metallic
Goal: To fill a gallery with my sculptures
Against: Inconsiderate drivers, Clueless public servants, Racism, Terrorism,
Global militarisation, Government misappropriation
How did I know about the WBCC: Stumbled upon it while searching for Bi-metal
2. My new E-mail address...by Jim Lawniczak, USA
Please read my new E-mail address Jim Lawniczak, (WBCC member #182),
3. Bi-metallic 5 Rand from South Africa...by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
one can read:
A new five rand coin is displayed by a South African Reserve Bank worker
during its launch at the South African Mint, July 27, 2004. The bank outlined
its plans to issue new, security enhanced five rand coins next month to help
deal with the problem of counterfeits. Criminal syndicates have forged the
current five rand coins, but South African Reserve Bank governor Tito Mboweni
said the problem was not that serious. REUTERS/Juda Ngwenya
4. Bi-metallic MTT's from Canada..by Manuel Diez Gonzalez, Spain
Please read information about new Bi-metallic MTT's from Canada.
* Baie Sainte-Marie 3 Dollar 2004, Congress Mundial Acadien. 60 Pcs
* Baie Sainte-Marie 3 Dollar 2004, Congress Mundial Acadien. Enamelled 25
* Estevan 3 Dollar 2005, 100 Years Chamber of Comerce. 5000 pcs.
* Manitoulin 3 Dollar 2004, Winter sports. 3900 pcs.
* Nanaimo 3 Dollar 2004, CPS. ECP. 740 pcs
* Nanaimo 3 Dollar 2004, CPS. ECP. Enamelled 25 pcs
* Trois-Pistoles 3 Dollar 2004, Iles Boreal Design. 1500 pcs.
Pictures can be seen at the WBCC New Images pages.
5. The WBCC Bi-metallic Quiz Game #416...by Jack Hepler, USA
Gibraltar issued a series of Bi-metallic two Pound coins with designs that
represented the 12 Trials or Labours of Hercules.
For the fifth labor, Hercules was told to clean King Augeas' stables.
This was a very dirty and smelly job. But then Eurystheus made Hercules' task
even more difficult by ordering him to clean up after other animals of Augeas
in a single day. Now King Augeas owned more animals than anyone in Greece.
Augeas was very rich, and he had many herds of cows, bulls, goats, sheep
and horses. It is reported that Hercules negotiated with King Augeas and
said that he would clean out the stables in one day, if Augeas would give
him a tenth of his fine cattle. This seemed like an impossible feat so the
King agreed. Hercules then diverted the water from two rivers into the stables
and in one day, completely cleaned the stables. Hercules cleaned the Augean
horse stables and which one of the many other herds of King Augeas?
Please send your answer to me: email@example.com
Note: The image of this coin may be seen on the WBCC Website at http://wbcc-online.com
Answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #415.
Which plant would you find on the Vatican City 500 Lira issued in 1989
a. Grape Vine
b. Olive Tree
c. Rose of Sharon
d. Date Palm
Answer to Question #415 is "a"; Grape Vine.
Summary of Quiz Game Question #414: 16 players.
6. WBCC Quiz Game Prize...by Jack Hepler, USA
An Bi-metallic prize will be awarded to a member who correctly answers the
WBCC Quiz Game this week (#416). If more than one member gets the correct
answer, a random drawing will be conducted to select a winner. The winner
of the Australian Bi-metallic token Prize (WBCC Newsmail #414) is Benjamin
Muniz (WBCC member #258).
7. TWOB-48 August 1st to be issued...by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal
The World Of Bi-metallic Catalog (TWOB) number 48, will be ready
August 1st. for distribution.
8. New Bi- or Tri-metallic images....by Rod Sell, WBCC Webmaster
The new Bi- and Tri-metallic image shown at:
New listed are:
* Canada 2004 3$ MTT Flin Flon, Manitoba. Image from Otto Komornik.
* Canada 2004 St George, New Brunswick, Centenary Medal
* Canada 2003 3$ MTT Steadybrook, Newfoundland
* Canada 2003 2$ MTT Claresholm
* USA Medals from Tye Texas & Nebraska City, Nebraska
* Canada, Nanaimo 2004 $3 MTT
* Canada, Trois-Pistoles 2004 $3 MTT
* Canada, Baie Sainte-Marie 2004 $3 MTT
* Canada, Manitoulin 2004 $3 MTT
* Canada, Estevan 2004 $3 MTT
* Greece 1 Euro 2004
9. WBCC Auction 68 accepting lots......by Rod Sell, WBCC Auction
I am accepting lots for WBCC Auction 68. Auction 68 will open on the 7th
August, so you only have 6 days to list your lots. I need them 1 day before
the auction stars.
The lots listed can be seen at: http://wbcc-online.com/auction/auction68.html
Please email your lots to me at Rod.Sell@elderwyn.com
It closes at 11.00 PM, Sat 14th August 2004 Sydney Time, which is early
morning in the USA and late morning in Europe.
"See you" in next week,
Martin Peeters, Focal Point of the Worldwide Bi-metallic
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club
(WBCC) was established September 14, 1996 and is the very
first Worldwide Collectors Club using the Internet. Goal of
the WBCC is exchange Bi-metallics and exchange knowledge about
WBCC Webmaster & Auction Provider, Rod Sell, Australia.
WBCC DoCu-Centre: Frans Dubois, Netherlands.
WBCC Public Relations: Cliff Anderson,USA.
WBCC Research Centre: Paul Baker, UK.
WBCC Developement Centre: Jack Hepler, USA.
WBCC ANA Focal Point: Ray Lockwood, USA.
WBCC Focal Point: Martin Peeters, Netherlands
Bi-metallic Forum Page
The WBCC is officially sponsored for the
Basel World Money Fair by:
* Imprensa Nacional - Casa da Moeda, S.A
(The Portuguese Mint) and Schuler Presses, Germany.