WBCC Newsmail 450 Volume
10, March 26, 2005
Composed with help from
members of the
Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC),
published by: Martin
Focal Point of the WBCC
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
Welcome into the World Of Bi-metallics. I really hope you enjoy
reading this weeks WBCC Newsmail.
1. New WBCC library pages with Bi-metallics.....By Rod Sell,
WBCC Webpages Provider
My thanks go to Zdravko Bosnjak for creating and maintaining pages for
Albania, Bosnia&Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo,
Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia and Yugoslavia
The links is http://free-zg.t-com.hr/zdravko01/index.html
or to these new pages can be seen in our WBCC Image Library index page at
If you would like to host and maintain pages for your Country or Countries
in your region. Please email me at email@example.com
2. Bi-metallic 2 Pound from Great Britain...by Manuel Diez Gonzalez,
I saw in one internet foro from Spain next image about new Bi-metallic 2
Pound 2005 from G. Britain commemorating end second World War.
3. Bi-metallic from Algeria........by Manuel Diez Gonzalez, Spain
In numismatic forum of Spain I saw next information. Jose Luis Ramirez and
me are members.
The Governor of the Bank of Algeria,
The fifty 50 dinar detail(room) is of type bimétallique.
It is constituted by a bronze outside crown of yellow colour and by a rustproof
steel heart set inside this crown and inside colour grey steel.
Outside diameter: 28,50 ± 0,05 mm
Diameter of the heart: 19,55 ± 0,05 mm
Weight of the crown: 5,10 ± 0,14 g
Weight of the heart: 4,17 ± 0,14 g
Total weight: 9,27 ± 0,28 g
Thickness in the cordon: 2,26 ± 0,06 mm.
Heart: steel Aisi 430
Crown: copper 92 %
Aluminium 6 %
Nickel 2 %
- on the heart:
- Main motive: official logo held(retained) for this remembrance and symbolized
by the profiles of a moudjahid and a moudjahida, a weapon in the hand, directed
to the right-hand side;
- The croissant(crescent) and the star of the Algerian flag, hatched in 90
° (heraldic symbolization of the red colour);
- The left(awkward) zone, limited by the moudjahid, hatched in 135 °
(heraldic symbolization of the green colour);
- On the straight(right) part(party), the figure 5.
B-Sur crowns her(it):
Mentions unambiguously and in national language:
- On the straight(right) top in half moon:
- On the part(party) superior left(awkward) in half moon:
- On the bottom two superimposed dates: 1954 and 2004;
- Continuation of the hatchings in 135 ° (heraldic symbolization of the
- Continuation of the head and the lower limbs of both persons;
- On the straight(right) part(party), the figure 0.
- inside the heart:
Main motive: figure 50, stylized and inspired by an architectural decoration
of Ottoman time.
Sur crowns her(it):
Mentions unambiguously and in national language:
- On the top:
- On the bottom:
- A star on both sides of the figure 50.
the number of details(rooms) concerned by this broadcast(emission,issue)
is limited to three millions ( 3.000.000 )
4. Bi-metallic 500 Lire Error........by Dave Camire, USA
Here is an 1993 Vatacan 500 Lire error:
5. Bi-metallic Car Wash Token...by Michael Ayrapetov, USA
I found on eBay one new bimetallic Car Wash token of Redding, California,
USA: Obverse - "SHASTA CARWASH WESTWOOD VILLAGE, REDDING $1.00"; Reverse:
"SELF SERVICE CAR WASH NO CASH VALUE (picture of car being washed)". Item
Number is: 3964410166
6. Bi-metallic Fantasy Euros...by Jose Luis Ramirez, Spain
The next week I will send to you more images from other euro test coins that
I have obtained.
I have updated my webpage with this last coins.
Vaticane City, Sweden, Serbia, Montenegro, Madeira Island, Kamberra, Hungary,
7. Bi-metallic Euros Walter Guiliani, Italy
Found some strange Bi-metallic Euros in Ebay;
* Bi-metallic - 1 euro with inside 1 cent coin - ebay N. 3965599258
* Bi-metallic - 2 euro with inside 2 cent coin - ebay N. 3965599990
8. The WBCC Bi-metallic Quiz Game #450...by Jack Hepler, USA
Kazakstan issued four Bi-metallic coins in 2003 with stylized pictures. One
of the designs had a bird. Which bird is shown on the 2003 Bi-metallic 100
Tenge of Kazakstan?
Please send your answer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: See this coin and many others by visiting the WBCC website; http://www.wbcc-online.com
Answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #449:
Italy issued Bi-metallic 500 Lira coins for standard circulation starting
in 1982. Which animal will you find in the design of these coins?
d. No animal is on these coins.
Answer to Question #449 is Horse, answer "b". A close
look at the coin is required to see this animal.
9. WBCC Quiz Game Prize...by Jack Hepler, USA
A Bi-metallic prize will be awarded to a member who correctly answers the
WBCC Quiz Game this week. If more than one member gets the correct answer,
a random drawing will be conducted to select a winner. There were nine players
in game #448 and the winner was Gabor Toth (WBCC member #80).
Correction: The correct answer for Quiz Question #448 was Nine.
10. TWOB-50 almost ready for issuing...by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
The next issue of TWOB (The World Of Bi-metallics catalog) will be ready
on April 1st. It will be send as an attached Excel file
11. New Bi- or Tri-metallic images.......by Rod Sell, WBCC Webmaster
The new Bi- and Tri-metallic images shown at:
* GB 2005 2 pound 60th Anniversary of end of WW II
* Vatican error 500L
12. WBCC Auction 72 accepting items......by Rod Sell, WBCC Auction
I am still accepting lots for Auction 72 which will open in April.
The lots listed so far can be seen at: http://wbcc-online.com/auction/auction72.html
Please email me with any lots you wish to list. There is a maximum
of 20 lots per member. My email is Rod.Sell@elderwyn.com
"See you" next week, Martin Peeters, Focal Point of the Worldwide
Bi-metallic Collectors ClubWBCC@kabelfoon.nl
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC)
was established September 14, 1996 and is the very first
Worldwide Collectors Club using the Internet. Goal
of the WBCC is exchange Bi-metallics and exchange knowledge
& Auction Provider, Rod Sell, Australia.
Frans Dubois, Netherlands.
Centre: Paul Baker,
Centre: Jack Hepler,
Focal Point: Ray Lockwood,
Point: Martin Peeters,
The WBCC is sponsored at the
Basel World Money Fair 2005,
Schuler Presses, Germany, http://www.schulergroup.com
The Portuguese Mint (INCM), http://www.incm.pt