WBCC Newsmail 506 Volume
11, April 22, 2006
Composed with help from
members of the
Collectors Club (WBCC),
and weekly published
Point of the WBCC
this week assisted by Cliff Anderson
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
Welcome into the World Of Bi-metallics.
I hope you find this week's WBCC Newsmail informative and
1. The WBCC and publicity...by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal Point
In the April 3, 2006 issue of Coin World a little article about the 500th
send WBCC Newsmail send on April 13th. 2006
2. The WBCC at the Manitoba Coin Club Spring Show....by Kyle Mutcher,
At the Manitoba Coin Club Spring Show I plan to set up a Bi-metallic display
and have some WBCC info there as well.
I hope to create one or two new Biimetallic tokens for my shop in the next
few weeks, as well as 12 other new designs in gold and silver.
I am looking forward to a nice rest after the coin show is over. I have been
talking to coin dealers and arranging all the details for the past 4 months.
There is going to be a special double dated Canadian Bi-metallic $2 coin
released in July, I believe the design might be different on the reverse,
but not sure yet.
3. Bi-metallic MMT from Canada...by Serge Pelletier, Canada
40 years of tubing in Nanaimo celebrated in token.
The Loyal Nanaimo Bathtub Society has issued a 3-Dollar municipal trade token
to salute 40 years of bathtub racing in Nanaimo.
The token has currency value, at participating businesses within Nanaimo,
until September 30, 2006.
This is the Society’s 38th consecutive issue making it one of the longest
running series of Canadian municipal trade tokens.
The obverse of the token shows: LOYAL NANAIMO BATHTUB SOCIETY / 1967-2006
/ (tub) $3 / GOOD FOR $3.00
AT PARTICIPATING / BUSINESSES UNTIL SEPT. 30 2006 while the reverse shows
the traditional "little people in a bathtub".
The token was struck in the following metals: 595 Bi-metallic with a heart
of cupronickel, and a ring of aluminium-bronze ($4.75),
95 nickel-silver ($15.00), 950 gold-plated ($17.00), 205 enamelled Bi-metallic
($37.50) and 15 enamelled gold-plated ($47.50).
The word "NANAIMO" on the tub is coloured light blue on the enamelled pieces.
It is available from the exclusive distributor, Bonavita, Box 11447, Station
H, Nepean, ON K2H 7V1 CANADA,
tel: +1-613-823-3844, fax: +1-613-825-3092, Email: email@example.com,
at the prices indicated in parentheses. S&H is extra.
Canadian resident must add the applicable taxes. Eligi Consultants Inc. had
the token struck for the Society from designs by Serge Pelletier.
Nanaimo has been hosting the International World Championship Bathtub Race
ever since the first "bathtub race extravaganza" in 1967.
The "Great Race" sees enthusiasts in boat literally made from bathtubs, go
through a very gruelling course that leaves Nanaimo harbour,
circles Entrance Island, goes up to and around Winchelsea Island and make
their way back to Departure Bay in Nanaimo.
4. Bi-metallics in Ebay.......by Jose Luis Ramirez, Spain
Saw in Ebay: one medal from Vatican City.
and look at this Ebay auction
5. Bi-metallic Fantasy Euro's pages are updated...by Jose
Luis Ramirez, Spain
I have updated my webpage about Bi-metallic Fantasy Euro's:
I have added or change the images of new Bi-metallics since last updated:
* Slovakia 1€ Specimen 2003 silver 999
* Slovakia 1€ Specimen 2004 (set with legal tender coins)
* Cyprus 1€ Specimen 2004 (set with legal tender coins)
* Poland 1€ Specimen 2003 silver 999
* Malta 1€ Specimen 2003 silver 999
* Malta 1€ Specimen 2004 (set with legal tender coins)
* Vatican City John Paul II 2002-2003 (Keys on reverses) maybe were minted
the year 2006
not in the year that are struck in the coins.
* Vatican City 2€ 2005 Specimen "Sede Vacante"
* Lithuania 2€ 2006 Specimen
*Lithuania 1€ Specimen 2004 (set with legal tender coins)
* Lithuania 1€ and 2€ Specimen 2003
* Liechtenstein 2€ 2005 Specimen
* Latvia 1€ Specimen 2004 (set with legal tender coins)
* Guernsey 1€ and 2€ Specimen 2003
* Estonia 1€ Specimen 2004 (set with legal tender coins)
* Estonia 1€ and 2€ Specimen 2003
* Transnistria 2€ 2005
6. The WBCC Bi-metallic Quiz Game #506 by Jack Hepler, USA
What family of creatures appear on the fantasy Bi-metallic coins of Cabinda?
Please send your answer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: See these coins by visiting the WBCC website; http://www.wbcc-online.com
Answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #505
Symbols appear on many coins including Bi-metallic coins. One Bi-metallic
coin has 10 symbols around the outer ring. The upper segment in the center
is a flower. The next symbols looking clockwise are: flint stone (to make
fire), movement, eagle, jaguar, sugar cane, water, death, snake and house.
Which country has a coin with these symbols?
The answer to Question #505 is "d"; Mexico.
7. WBCC Quiz Game Prize...by Jack Hepler, USA
A Bi-metallic prize will be awarded to a member who correctly answers the
WBCC Quiz Game this week. If more than one member gets the correct answer,
a random drawing will be conducted to select a winner. There were 13 players
in game #504 and the winner was Andres Rossi, WBCC Member #370.
8. New Bi- or Tri-metallic images....by Rod Sell, Australia
The new Bi- and Tri-metallic image shown at:
New listed are:
* Mexico 2006 100 Peso Colima
* Canada Nanimo 2006 $3
* Vatican 2006 Proof set
* USA $2 submitted designs. Proof and Satin finishes
9. WBCC Auction 77.....by Rod Sell, WBCC Auction Provider
You have only 2 weeks to list lots for WBCC Auction 78. The lots listed
so far can be seen at:
Opens Sat 6th May 2006 with Newsmail 508 Sydney Time, Closes 11.00 PM, Sat
13th May 2006.
If you would like to run the auctions please emails me at:email@example.com
"See you" next week,
Martin Peeters, Focal Point
of the Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC)
was established September 14, 1996 and is the very first
Worldwide Collectors Club
using the Internet. Goal of the WBCC is
exchange Bi-metallics and exchange knowledge
WBCC Webmaster &
Auction Provider, Rod Sell, Australia.
WBCC Public Relations:
WBCC Research Centre:
WBCC ANA Focal Point:
WBCC Focal Point:
The WBCC was sponsored at the
World Money Fair 2006,
Schuler Presses, Germany, http://www.schulergroup.com
The Portuguese Mint (INCM), http://www.incm.pt