WBCC Newsmail 534 Volume
11, November 4, 2006
Composed with help from
members of the
Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club
and weekly published by: Martin Peeters,
Netherlands, Focal Point of the WBCC
Past Newsmails can be found at http://www.wbcc-online.com/newsmail/wbccnews.html
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
Welcome into the World Of Bi-metallics. I really hope
you enjoy reading the WBCC Newsmail this week.
1. WBCC Error Library........by Benjamin Muñiz Garcia,
Please notice: the WBCC error library has moved to: http://www.bencoins.com/bimetallics
2. Bi-metallic 2500 Dinar from Kurdistan...by Joel Anderson, USA
Here is a picture from the 2006 Kurdistan 2500 Dinar and it is a Bi-metallic
coin. It is square a Bi-metallic with a copper outer ring and a brass inner
plug. The obverse features an oil refinery and the reverse features the Kurdistan
Price is USD 9.95, or 5 for $37.50, plus postage. If you have interest in
one or more please E-mail me at: email@example.com
3. Bi-metallic 100 Escudos 2006 from Mexico...by Francisco Pascual,
Here is a scan of the Bi-metallic 100 Escudos 2006 coin from Mexico commemorate
Jalisco (Hospicio Cabañas building). This one is 14th of the second
series of 100 Escudos.
4. Bi-metallic silver/gold coins from Singapore...by Frans Dubois,
From the Singapore Mint I received a message about new Bi-metallic coins
in silver/gold with hologram. The coins refer to the 7-Wonders or the
World Programme. Till now there are issued 5 coins basically:Angkor Wat of
Cambodia, Great Wall of China, Taj Mahal of India, Pyramid of Egypt and Colosseum
of Italy (this is the latest coin for this programme). The coins will be
offered in a showcase. If you are interested, you can contact the Singapore
Mint. Just send an email to: Faridah Noor from the Singapore Mint: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Bi-metallic from China...by Gerhard Schon, Germany
Here a scan of Chinese Bi-metallic coin However, it is gold plated in the
circumference. Mintage 20,000 pcs.
6. Bi-metallic Euro from Spain...by Gerhard Schon, Germany
Here is a picture of a Bi-metallic 300 Euro 2006 from Spain.
7. Bi-metallic 10 Sheqalim error from Israel.........by Yossi Barzelay,
I just got an interesting die error on an Israeli Bi-metallc 10 Sheqalim
2002 coin The first letter in the Hebrew word Sheqalim the letter "Shin"
is filled with extra material so you can actually see a dot instead of the
letter. Item will be offer in the coming WBCC auction 81. I never saw this
kind of die error on Israeli Bi-metallic coin before and you can be sure
I checked over the years few thousands of them. scan is attached
8. Bi-metallic Fantasy Euro...by Jose Raminez, Spain
The last month I have got the 2 Euro Fantasy coin from Berlin.I have news
about Sachsen and Bayern coins. Now I have the images of the 16 coins of
this serie: Germany bundeslander. The images are from a magazine of www.gavia.de.
Mintage: 20.000 coins of each lander.
9. Bi-metallic medals and tokens from Germany....by Martin Peeters,
From WBCC member Gerhard Schon I received several leaflets depicting Bi-metallic
tokens/medals. They are struck by the German Compagny "Württembergische
Münzprägeanstalt Dr. Ising GmbH". Webpage (in German language)
Here are some scans:
10. The WBCC Bi-metallic Quiz Game #534.....by Jack Hepler, USA
Which country produced a Bi-metallic coin that features a Rooster or Chicken
in the design?
Please send your answer to: email@example.com
Note: See this coin and others by visiting the WBCC website; http://www.wbcc-online.com .
Answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #533
Phar Lap is featured on a Bi-metallic Five Dollars of Australia. What is
a. Race Horse
b. Political Figure
c. Famous Landmark
d. Native Flower, unique to Australia
The correct answer for question #533 is a; Race Horse.
11. WBCC Quiz Game Prize.........by Jack Hepler, USA
A Bi-metallic prize to be awarded to a member who correctly answers the WBCC
Quiz Game this week. If more than one member gets the correct answer, a random
drawing will be conducted to select a winner. There were 12 players in game
#532 and the winner was Claudio Revello, WBCC member #207.
12. New Bi- or Tri-metallic images........by Rod Sell, Australia
The new Bi- and Tri-metallic image shown at:
* Singapore Gold and Silver Holograms
* China 2006 Stamp and Coin Expo
* Spain 2006 300 Euro gold and silver
* 2006 Kurdistan 2500 Dinar
* Mexico 100 peso Jalisco (Hospicio Cabañas building)
* Die error on an Israeli 10 Sheqalim 2002 coin
* Bogus 2006 Guernsey 2 Pounds. Kings of the House of Windsor
* Württembergische Münzprägeanstalt Dr. Ising GmbH bimetallics
* Germany Bundeslander Series of 16 coins
13. WBCC Auction 81 open now.............by Rod Sell, WBCC Auction
Auction 81 is now opened and will close at 11pm Sydney time on the 11th November.
The 128 intersting lots can be seen at:
Please email your bids to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No NEW bids will be accepted in the last hour. You can rebid if you have
"See you next week",
Martin Peeters, Focal Point of the Worldwide
Bi-metallic Collectors ClubWBCC@kabelfoon.nl
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC)
was established September 14, 1996 and is the very first
Club using the Internet. Goal of
the WBCC is exchange Bi-metallics and exchange
knowledge about Bi-metallics
WBCC Webmaster & Auction Provider,
WBCC DoCu-Centre: Frans Dubois, Netherlands.
WBCC Public Relations: Cliff Anderson,USA.
WBCC Research Centre: Paul Baker, UK.
WBCC Developement Centre: Jack Hepler, USA.
WBCC ANA Focal Point: Ray Lockwood,
WBCC Focal Point: Martin Peeters,
Bi-metallic Forum Page
was sponsored at the World Money Fair 2006,
Schuler Presses, Germany,
The Portuguese Mint (INCM),