WBCC Newsmail 597 Volume
January 19, 2008
with help from
members of the
Bi-metallic Collectors Club
and weekly published
Point of the WBCC
Past Newsmails can be found at http://www.wbcc-online.com/newsmail/wbccnews.html
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
Welcome into the World
of Bi, Tri and Quad-metallics. I hope you enjoy reading
this week's issue of the WBCC Newsmail.
1. The WBCC and WMF 2008 in Berlin (#2)...by Martin Peeters, WBCC
If you take a look at:
You can find the WMF Floorplan.
The WBCC will attend the WMF with it's own Booth, number P-26-27
and it is located at the Entrance of the fair:
Maybe we can welcome you at our WBCC Booth.
All Exhibitors for the WMF2008 can be find at:
2. A new WBCC member.......by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal Point
We have a new member. Let me introduce him to you
Name: Randall Clark (WBCC member #450), USA
Profession: Accountant/Budget Analysis
Hobby: Encased Coins, Elonged Coins, World coins especially Bi- and/or Tri-metallics
Goal: To learn about Bi- and/or Tri-metallics
How did I know about the WBCC: I bought some Elonged Bi-metallics on Ebay
and the seller mentioned the WBCC.
3. Bi-metallic 2 Euro 2008 Monaco......by Frans Dubois, Netherlands
Because of the issue policy of Monaco concerning the Grace Kelly Bi-metallic
2 Euro, there is a real chance that the European Union will forbid the issue
of this kind of issues in the future.
We will see......
4. Bi-metallic 2 Euro from Vatican City 2008......by Frans Dubois,
The theme of the yearly issue of the Bi-metallic 2 Euro 2008 from Vatican
City will be St.Paul
5. Bi-metallic 2 Euro 2008 from Belgium......by Frans Dubois, Netherlands
The picture shows the new design for the Bi-metallic 2 Euro 2008 from Belgium.
5.000.000 coins will be struck for the 60th ann. of the Human Rights. There
will be also a blister issue and a Proof version. Issue date not known yet
6. Bi-metallic 10 Roubles 2009 from Russia...by Michael Ayrapetov,
In Website of The Central Bank of Russian Federation I found Commemorative
and Investment Coins Issue Plan for 2009. There are 7 Bi-metallic 10 Roubles
Ancient cities series, mintage 5.000.000
* Town of Galich (XIIIth century), Kostroma Region
* City of Kaluga (XIV century)
* Town of Vyborg (XIIIth century), Leningrad Region
Russian Federation series, mintage 10.000.000
* Republic of Adygeya
* Republic of Kalmykiya
* Republic of Komy
* Kirov Region
The URL is:
7. Gibraltar 2 Pounds dated 2007.......by Jose Luis Ramirez, Spain
If you take a look at:
you can see a picture of the Gibraltar 2 Pound 2007
8. Bi-metallic Fantasy Euro's (1)....by Jose Luis Ramirez, Spain
Finally I have obtained this euro fantasy coin from Italy Is the second
edition of Portafortuna coin (lucky coin) Note that the first edition have
teh letters EC (Enrico Chiozza), the second edition have the Euro symbol.
9. Bi-metallic Fantasy Euro's (2)....by Jose Luis Ramirez, Spain
I have obtained this Bi-metallic Euro fantasy coin from an Italian football
10. Bi-metallic Fantasy Euro's (3)....by Jose Luis Ramirez, Spain
I have obtained this Bi-metallic 10 Euro fantasy coin from vatican City.
The obverse have a photograph of John Paul II, the coin is dated 2004.
11. Bi-metallic Medals....by Jose Luis Ramirez, Spain
I have obtained last weeks seven bimetallic medals from Vatican City
12. Bi-metallic 10 Franken 2008 from Switzerland...by Martin Peeters,
Several people pointed to me for the wrong picture in last issue WBCC Newsmail
596. Here is the correct picture of the Switzerland Bi-metallic 10 Franken
13. Bi-metallic Quiz Game #597.......by Jack Hepler, USA
What country issued in 2003 a Bi-metallic coin that incorporates a Fleur
de Lis in the design?
Please send your answer to: email@example.com
Note: See this coin and many others by visiting the WBCC website; http://www.wbcc-online.com
Answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #596.
The Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic issued Bi-metallic 500 Pesetas coins
in 2004. On one side is the national coat of arms. What animals appear on
the other side?
The correct answer for question #596 is d; Foxes.
WBCC Quiz Game Prize
A Bi-metallic prize will be awarded to a member who correctly answers the
WBCC Quiz Game this week. If more than one member gets the correct answer,
a random drawing will be conducted to select a winner. There were ten players
in game #595 and the winner was Gabor Toth WBCC member #80.
14. New Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images...by Rod Sell, WBCC
The new Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images shown at:
* 7 Vatican Medals
* Vatican 10 Euro fantasy
* Italy Cagliari Calcio Club Medal
* Portafortuna 1 Euro fantasy
* Portugal 2e 2008
* 2007 Kazakhstan 500 tenge
"See you" next week,
Martin Peeters, Focal Point of the Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was established
September 14, 1996 and is the very first Worldwide Collectors Club
using the Internet. Goal of the WBCC is exchange Bi-, Tri-, and Tetra-metallics
and exchange knowledge about Bi-, Tri-, and Tetra-metallics
WBCC Webmaster: Rod Sell, Australia, firstname.lastname@example.org
WBCC Sales Pages Provider: Rod Sell, email@example.com
WBCC DoCu-Centre: Frans Dubois, Netherlands, firstname.lastname@example.org
WBCC Public Relations: Cliff Anderson, USA, email@example.com
WBCC Research Centre: Paul Baker, UK, firstname.lastname@example.org
WBCC Developement Centre: Jack Hepler, USA, email@example.com
WBCC Focal Point ANA Conventions: Ray Lockwood, USA,
WBCC Focal Point: Martin Peeters, Netherlands, firstname.lastname@example.org
WBCC Website: http://wbcc-online.com
WBCC Web-Log: http://wbcc.web-log.nl/
The WBCC will attend the following future International events:
* The World Money Fair, February 1 to 3, 2008 in Berlin, Germany
* The 8th Northern Coin Event 2008, Saturday, September 20th, 2008,
Assen, The Netherlands http://www.muntmanifestatie.nl