Bi-Metallic Collectors Club
Newsmail # 648
Newsmail 648 Volume 15, January 10, 2009
Composed with help from members of the
Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC),
and weekly published by: Martin Peeters, Netherlands,
Focal Point of the WBCC
Past Newsmails can be found at http://www.wbcc-online.com/newsmail/wbccnews.html
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
1. New WBCC member.......by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal Point
We have a new member. Let me introduce him to you:
Name: John Robinson (WBCC member #476), USA
Hobby: Circulating coins including many Bi- and Tri-metallics,
Goal: Enjoy learning about coinage of the world and the countries issuing them
How did I know about the WBCC: Believe I first learned about WBCC in WorldWideCoins magazine.
2. Bi-metallic 100 Escudos 1989 Essai from Portugal.......by Tolga Taner, Turkey
Here is a scan of the Bi-metallic 100 Escudos 1989, Essai, from Portugal
3. Bi-metallic Pattern 100 Som 2004 from Uzbekistan........by Micheal Kaplan, USA
Here is a picture of a Bi-metallic Pattren 10 Yil 2004 commemorate 10 years currency.
--Remark WBCC Focal Point: An earlier published in WBCC Newsmail another Pattern was showed, also dated 2004. I wonder what is the diffence between these two.
5. Bi-metallic medal from Germany..........by Jose Luis Ramirez, Spain
I have obtain this Bi-metallic medal that looks the same as was showed in the WBCC 643 Newsmail item 8.
Still the design is different but looks bigger number 2 in the reverse, like in the 2 Euro coins.
6. Bi-metallic Fantasy Euro from Cyprus...by Jose Ramirez, Spain
I have got this Bi-metallic Fantasy Euro's from Cyprus40 milimeters, 28 gramms, Mintage: 30.000 pieces
7. Bi-metallic Fantasy Euro's from Vaticane City.........by Jose Luis Ramirez, Spain
I have obtained a set named "Year of Saint Paul" dated 2009, but the Fantasy Euro's are not dated.
The Bi-metallic 1 euro Fantasy was used in a set dated 2005, in this year the Bi-metallic 2 Euro Fantasy has the same design that the 1 Euro.
8. Bi-metallic Quiz Game #648........by Jack Hepler, USA
The Bi-metallic 50 Schilling coins of Austria show nine shields. Incorporated in the design of these shields are eight eagles. The 1996 coin shows on the other side, Heinrich 1, clothed in armor, carrying a flag and riding a horse. How many eagles appear on the flag?
See this coin and others at the WBCC website: http://wbcc-online.com
Please send your answer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #647
In Quiz Game #557, men were shown fishing on the Bi-metallic Five Kwacha coin of Malawi. How many fish may be found in the nets of the fishermen?
The correct answer for Quiz #647 is d. Six.
WBCC Quiz Game Prize
A Bi-metallic prize will be awarded for the correct answer. If more than one member gets the correct answer, a random drawing will be conducted to select a winner. The #646 Quiz Game winner is Barry Murray WBCC member #411. There were four players in this game.
9. New Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images...by Rod Sell, WBCC Webmaster
The new Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images shown at:
* Poland 1 Funt Szczyrecki
* Uzbekistan 2004 100 Som
* Europa Medal
* Vatican 2009 Year of St. Paul Medals
* Germany 2009 20th Anniversary end of the Wall Medal
* Cyprus 2009 fantasy 10 euro
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was
established September 14, 1996 and is the very first Worldwide
Collectors Club using the Internet.
The WBCC will attend the following future International
* The World Money Fair, February 6 to 8, 2009 in Berlin, Germany http://www.worldmoneyfair.ch/wmf/english/index.html
* Open Day of the Royal Dutch Mint, Saterday June 13, 2009, Utrecht, The Netherlands http://en.knm.nl
* 6th Coin Event Numismatica Herentals, December 13, 2009, Herentals Belgium, www.numismatica-herentals.be