Bi-Metallic Collectors Club
Newsmail # 649
Newsmail 649 Volume 15, January 17, 2009
Composed with help from members of the
Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC),
and weekly published by: Martin Peeters, Netherlands,
Focal Point of the WBCC
Past Newsmails can be found at http://www.wbcc-online.com/newsmail/wbccnews.html
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
1. The WBCC and WMF 2009 in Berlin (Part-1)...by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal Point
With more than 120 Intenational Coindealers and more than 50 Minthouses and National Banks, the World Money Fair is one of world's biggest coin fair. The 38th edition of the World Money Fair taking place from February 6 to 8, 2009 in the Estrel Convention Hotel, Berlin, Germany. In 2008 there were 12,500 visitors !
The WMF 2009 is open for the public:
Friday, Feb 6, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saterday, Feb 7, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sunday, Feb 8, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Royal Canadian Mint will be the Guest of Honour at the World Money Fair.
Offcourse the WBCC will attend the World Momey Fair with it's own booth, as we did last 11 years.
More info about the World Money Fair 2009 you can read at: http://www.worldmoneyfair.ch/wmf/english/index.html
2. Bi-metallic 200 Forint 2009 from Hungary...by Antonio Mateo, Spain
Here is a picture of the new Bi-metallic 200 Forint 2009 from Hungary and it depicts the Chain Bridge in Budapest.
3. Bi-metallics from Galapagos Islands.......by Paul Baker, UK
Some busy people try to make some money by striking bi-metallics "from" Galapagos Islands. There are now two different sets on the market. The shape, domination, subjects depicted and even the currency units are different
4. Bi-metallic Drink Token and a MTT from Canada.....by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
Saw in Ebay:
and saw in:
a MTT from Trinity Bight, Trinity Bay
5. Bi-metallic Quiz Game #649........by Jack Hepler, USA
The Bi-metallic Mexican States 100 Pesos dated from 2003 to 2005 show States Coat of Arms. Which of the following includes the image of a shark?
a. Quintana Roo
b. San Luis Potosí
See this coin and others at the WBCC website: http://wbcc-online.com
Please send your answer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #648
The Bi-metallic 50 Schilling coins of Austria show nine shields. Incorporated in the design of these shields are eight eagles. The 1996 coin shows on the other side, Heinrich 1, clothed in armor, carrying a flag and riding a horse. How many eagles appear on the flag?
The correct answer for Quiz #648 is c. Five.
WBCC Quiz Game Prize
A Bi-metallic prize will be awarded for the correct answer. If more than one member gets the correct answer, a random drawing will be conducted to select a winner. The #647 Quiz Game winner is Derek Matyja WBCC member #420. There were four players in this game.
5. New Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images...by Rod Sell, WBCC Webmaster
you" next week,
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was
established September 14, 1996 and is the very first Worldwide
Collectors Club using the Internet.
The WBCC will attend the following future International
* The World Money Fair, February 6 to 8, 2009 in Berlin, Germany http://www.worldmoneyfair.ch/wmf/english/index.html
* Open Day of the Royal Dutch Mint, Saterday June 13, 2009, Utrecht, The Netherlands http://en.knm.nl
* 6th Coin Event Numismatica Herentals, December 13, 2009, Herentals Belgium, www.numismatica-herentals.be