Bi-Metallic Collectors Club
Newsmail # 660
Newsmail 660 Volume 15, April 4, 2009
Composed with help from members of the
Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC),
and weekly published by: Martin Peeters, Netherlands,
Focal Point of the WBCC
Past Newsmails can be found at http://www.wbcc-online.com/newsmail/wbccnews.html
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
1. We have lost a WBCC friend...by Max Aiello, Italy
Mr. Ezio Bianco (International Mint) has suddenly died on 17.03.2009. It's a very terrible thing, I have just discovered it and I am really sad. He was one of the best friends of WBCC
--Remark WBCC Focol PoinT: For many 5 years I have met Ezio at the World Money Fair. He had always a special Bi-metallic or Tr-metallic with him as a pesent for me. Here are some picture with Ezio. We will mis him very !!
One of his masterpieces of this years World Money Fair made by Ezio
2. Bi-metallic 10 Rupees 2009 from India........by Muralee Kumar, India
Refering to WBCC Newsmail #659 is here more about the 10 Rupees 2009 from India
India has announces its first ever Bi-metallic issue in two different designs. These are the first ever Bi-metallic issues of this country and India must be first country to start bimetallic coins with double simulatanous issue.
It appears that these coins were minted few years ago and are being released now. For collectors who collect by year and mint, it will be big job to track all years and mint marks.
The press releases are as attachments to this WBCC Newsmail.
This also rests to controversary about one aborted relase being labeled as "pattern" since the issue getting regularised will legitimise the piece under reference.
3. Bi-metallic 10 Roubles from Russia....by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
There are 2 new Bi-metallic 10 Roubles 2009 from Russia;
* The Russian Federation: Republic of Kalmykiya
* Ancient Russian Towns: Vyborg
4. Bi-metallic medal from Korea.....by Allen Kwon, South-Korea
Korea Mint(KOMSCO) issued extra mint set included bimetallic medal in 2002 and theme of the set is Marriage. Obverse is mandarin ducks, they symbolize conjugal affection. Reverse is Korean lucky bag. Lower letters mean that I wish you become rich.
5. Tri-metallics in Ebay...by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
Tri-metallics in Ebay, which are new to me;
6. Bi-metallic Quiz Game #660...........by Jack Hepler, USA
Russia issued a Bi-metallic 10 Roubles in 2007 that
incorporated a Linden tree into the design. The coin was issued to
recognize a Region in the Central Federal District of Russia, located
on the banks of the Voronezh River in the Don basin, 508 km southeast
of Moscow, Population: 506,114 (2002 Census). For which region was
this coin issued?
7. The Super Quiz Question 2..... by Jack Hepler, USA
There are two Euro issuing countries with names that appear similar. These 2 countries are geographically separated by another Euro issuing country.
A: What are the names of the 2 countries?
B: What is on the regular issue of the 2 Euro bimetallic coin of the country in between and what is the significance of that image?
(Question suggested by Hans Bucek)
Answer to Super QQ #001
In 1994, Argentina introduced a Bi-metallic One Peso coin for general circulation. In 1995, these pesos were minted in three other countries for use in Argentina. One of these mints produced large quantities of coins with an error, and these coins were put into circulation along with the correct coins. What was the error and which country produced these coins? (Die rotation is not considered an error for the purpose of this question).
Answer. The error was an incorrect spelling of Provincia. It was misspelled as Provingia. The country minting the coins was the United Kingdom.
Martin Peeters, Focal Point of the Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was
established September 14, 1996 and is the very first Worldwide
Collectors Club using the Internet.
The WBCC will attend the following future International
* Open Day of the Royal Dutch Mint, Saterday June 13, 2009, Utrecht, The Netherlands http://en.knm.nl
* 9th Northern Coin Event 2009, Saturday September 19, 2009, Assen, The Netherlands, http://www.muntmanifestatie.nl
* 6th Coin Event Numismatica Herentals, Sunday December 13, 2009, Herentals Belgium, http://www.numismatica-herentals.be
* 39th World Money Fair, January 29 to 31, 2010 in Berlin, Germany