Bi-Metallic Collectors Club
Newsmail # 662
Newsmail 662 Volume 15, April 18, 2009
Composed with help from members of the
Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC),
and weekly published by: Martin Peeters, Netherlands,
Focal Point of the WBCC
Past Newsmails can be found at http://www.wbcc-online.com/newsmail/wbccnews.html
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
1. A new WBCC member.......by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal Point
We have a new WBCC members. Let me introduce him to you:
Name: Cliff LoVerme (WBCC mermber #482), USA
Webpage: www.nashuacoinclub.org (my local club page – I don’t have a personal one)
Profession: Electrical/Software Engineer
Hobby: World Ringed Bimetallic Coins
Goal: Have fun and learn history
How did I know about the WBCC: Another WBCC member (Bob Fritsch)
2. Bi-metallic 2 Euro 2009 from Italy...by Martin Peeters
Italy will issue a Bi-metallic 2 Euro 2009 commemorating the 200th anniversary of Louis Braille’s birth. Issuedate September 30, 2009.
Have you ever heard a Korean Comapany, Poongsan?
The company pruduces 'coin blanks' and supplies it to not only Korea Mint but also many contries.
So, Poonsan holds 60 percent of the global coin market and many Euro coins also are made of the coin blanks of Poongsan.
If you want to know more infomation of Poongsan, you can refer this page. http://www.poongsan.co.kr/eng/product/pro_1_3.html
Here is Bi-metallic medal of Poongsan.<>
Poongsan had made coin set including this medal to commemorative the anniversary of the founding at 2004 year. Obverse design is world map and reverse is the logo of Poongsan.
4. Bi-metallic Piedfort in Ebay...by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
An offer in Ebay one doesn't see often; A Bi-metallic 10 Sheqalim 1997 Piedfort from Israel in a set, A piedfort or piedforte is a coin of twice or more times the thickness of the currency coin;
5. Bi-metallic Carwash Token in Ebay...by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
Saw a special Bi-metallic Carwash Token from the USA in Ebay:<>http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350190935881 >
6. Bi-metallic Quiz Game #662...........by Jack Hepler, USA
creature is incorporated into the design of the 2008 Bi-metallic 10
Rupees of India? (Note: This coin has not yet been released for
7. The Super Quiz Question 2..... by Jack Hepler, USA
There are two Euro issuing countries with names that appear similar. These 2 countries are geographically separated by another Euro issuing country.
A. What are the names of the 2 countries?
B. What is on the regular issue of the 2 Euro Bi-metallic coin of the country in between and what is the significance of that image?
(Question suggested by Hans Bucek)
The Super Quiz Winners will be listed at: http://wbcc-online.com/SuperQuizWinners.html
8. New Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images...by Rod Sell, WBCC Webmaster
The new Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images shown at:
* Korean Bimetallic Medal POONGSAN coin blank maker
9. Bi-metallic tokens for sale or trade...by Oded Paz, USA
Oded has a few Bi-metallic tokens he acquired from Europe.
He would like to either sell them or trade them for actual Bi-metallic coins.
Please contact Oded via e-mail email@example.com and let him know if you're interested in buying or trading.
Oded will send you scans of the tokens, for your review.
10. My offer of Bi-metallics from
See You Next Week.
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was
established September 14, 1996 and is the very first Worldwide
Collectors Club using the Internet.
The WBCC will attend the following future International
* Open Day of the Royal Dutch Mint, Saterday June 13, 2009, Utrecht, The Netherlands http://en.knm.nl
* 9th Northern Coin Event 2009, Saturday September 19, 2009, Assen, The Netherlands, http://www.muntmanifestatie.nl
* 6th Coin Event Numismatica Herentals, Sunday December 13, 2009, Herentals Belgium, http://www.numismatica-herentals.be
* 39th World Money Fair, January 29 to 31, 2010 in Berlin, Germany