Bi-Metallic Collectors Club
Newsmail # 664
Newsmail 664 Volume 15, May 2, 2009
Composed with help from members of the
Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC),
and weekly published by: Martin Peeters, Netherlands,
Focal Point of the WBCC
Past Newsmails can be found at http://www.wbcc-online.com/newsmail/wbccnews.html
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
1. A new WBCC member.......by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal Point
<>We have a new WBCC member. Let me introduce him to you:>
Hobby: Bi-metallic coins
Goal: Interchange coins with other people
How did I know about the WBCC: The Internet
2. Bi-metallic 10 Rupees from India...........by and Rony Ghose and Wolfgang Schuster
With the launch of new 10 Rupee coins a new era of Bi-metallic coins has started in India. The India Government mint after several years of testing finally released its first Bi-metallic coin with the 'information technology' design. Although the launch was delayed from the original intended Diwali release date (2nd October 2008), the coin dated 2008 has received positive response from both the collector community in home and abroad.
Of the earlier minted 'unity in diversity' (=cross) design bimetallic10 Rupees so far only very few specimens have been available, which were offered as patterns, but this cross design Bb-imetallic 10 Rupee was also released this year. So far dates 2005, 2006 and 2007 with mintmark dot (=Noida Mint) can be confirmed, possibly other years/mintmarks will show up. The design is still much discussed in India and widely rejected as it resembles a (christian) cross.
There also will be a commemorative Bb-imetallic10 Rupees coin dated 2008 commemorating the ter-centenary of Gur-Ta -Gaddi, which only will be available in the set. Bookings for the set has already started, the release is expected later this year. http://188.8.131.52/India/store/broadllyne_viewItem.asp?idProduct=29
3. Bi-metallic token from Russia....by Stanislav Souslov, Russia
I've found this Bi-metallic token here in Russia.
May be it's some kind of amusement or gambling token. Women's head very similar to these tokens:
So, may be it's originally Russian token?
4. Bi-metallic MTT's from Poland....by Stanislaw Bulawski, Poland
Here are scans 2 new Bi-metallic
MTT's from the Polich city Miastko. Diameter 27 mm, ring =
brass, center = CupperNickel. 15.000 pieces issued.
* 7 Rummeli 2009 Fox
5. Bi-metallic Medals from Korea.....by
Allen Kwon, South-Korea
6. Bi-metallic in Ebay (1)...by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
A Bi-metallic piece you don't see often in Ebay;
ROMANIA 100 LEI BIMETALLIC 1996 PATTERN RARE OLYMPICS
7. Bi-metallic in Ebay (2)...by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
2 Bi-metallic pieces you don't see often in Ebay;
Strasbourg 5 and 500 Ecu 1995 Expo Industrie & Comm
8. Bi-metallic Quiz Game #664...........by Jack Hepler, USA
Which Bi-metallic coin won the Best Trade Coin honors at
the Coin Of The Year Awards at the 2009 World Money Fair in Berlin?
9. The Super Quiz Question 3..... by Jack Hepler, USA
The Tree of Life is
portrayed on the Bi-metallic one and two Euro of France. How many
leaves are shown on the Tree of Life and what is the significance of
that number? Give the designer's name and nationality.
There are two Euro
issuing countries with names that appear similar. These 2
countries are geographically separated by another Euro issuing country.
10. New Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images...by Rod Sell, WBCC Webmaster
The new Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images shown at:* Korean 2001 & 2002 Currency Museum medals
* Fortuna Amusement token
* Poland 2MTTs from Miastko
* India 2005 10 rupee
* Korean 2006 Stamp Exhibition Medal>
See You Next Week.
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was
established September 14, 1996 and is the very first Worldwide
Collectors Club using the Internet.
The WBCC will attend the following future International
* Open Day of the Royal Dutch Mint, Saterday June 13, 2009, Utrecht, The Netherlands http://en.knm.nl
* 9th Northern Coin Event 2009, Saturday September 19, 2009, Assen, The Netherlands, http://www.muntmanifestatie.nl
* 6th Coin Event Numismatica Herentals, Sunday December 13, 2009, Herentals Belgium, http://www.numismatica-herentals.be
* 39th World Money Fair, January 29 to 31, 2010 in Berlin, Germany