Bi-Metallic Collectors Club
Newsmail # 666
Newsmail 666 Volume 15, May 16, 2009
Composed with help from members of the
Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC),
and weekly published by: Martin Peeters, Netherlands,
Focal Point of the WBCC
Past Newsmails can be found at http://www.wbcc-online.com/newsmail/wbccnews.html
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
1. The WBCC at the Open Day of the Royal Dutch Mint...by Martin Peetersm WBCC Focal PointLike every year the WBCC will be present at the Open Day of the Royal Dutch Mint in the Dutch city Utrecht. The date is Saterday June 13. So if you are in the Netherlands and in Utrecht that day, just visit the WBCCC booth at the Royal Dutch Mint.
2. Bi-metallic 500 Trenge 2009 from Kazakhstan...by Pat Clay, USAKazakhstan has announced the issue of another commemorative bimetallic 500 Tenge coin. It shows the docking of the Soyuz and Apollo space ships. The composition is tantalum in a silver ring. 4000 will be minted in proof. Images can be seen at:
http://www.nationalbank.kz/?uid=3FE3E1E8-802C-E8F0-E355D9C9BE6B92A7&docid=432&SWITCH=eng3. Bi-metallic coins from North-Korea......by Allen Kwon, South-Korea
Korea has been national division, South-Korea and North-Korea. I wish that peaceful unification of North and South Korea quickly. Now, I introduce you two Bi-metallic coins, 1Won and 7Won. North-Korea has issued only two Bi-metallics. Common obverse design is Jung's Gymnasium and reverse is socialistic symbol. Mr.Jung was famous as economic man of Korea, the president of Hyundai. Althouh he was born in North-Korea, worked at South-Korea his whole life. He tried to improve economic interchange between North and South Korea. So, North-Korea built this Gymnasium to commemorate him. The center of 7won is composed of silver and ring is bass. 1won is composed of aluminum and bass. Diameter is 40mm.
4. Bi-metallic English market token......... by Cliff Anderson, USA
Here is another of those odd shaped tokens from the London market Covent Garden. This was made for M. M. Proctor who was a potato vendor, right up into the 1940s. Imagine having this one in your pocket!
5. Bi-metallic token in Ebay...by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
Never saw this Bi-metallic token before. In Ebay:
Who knows more about this one? Please let met know at: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Tri-metallics from Somalia in Ebay...by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
You don't see these ogten in Ebay: Tri-metallic 250 Shilling 2000
7. Bi-metallic medal from Rome in Ebay...by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
ROMA 1887 POPE LEONE XIII RARE BIMETALLIC MEDAL
8. Bi-metallic Quiz Game #666...........by Jack Hepler, USA
2005, Finland issued a 2 Euro to commemorative the 50th Anniversary of
The Super Quiz Question 3..... by Jack Hepler, USA
The Tree of Life is portrayed on the Bi-metallic one and two Euro of France. How many leaves are shown on the Tree of Life and what is the significance of that number? Give the designer's name and nationality.
10. New Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images...by Rod Sell, WBCC Webmaster
The new Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images shown at:
* Kazakstan 2009 500 tenge
* Pope Medal
* GB Proctor Market token
* Singapore Studebaker
See You Next Week.
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was
established September 14, 1996 and is the very first Worldwide
Collectors Club using the Internet.
The WBCC will attend the following future International
* Open Day of the Royal Dutch Mint, Saterday June 13, 2009, Utrecht, The Netherlands http://en.knm.nl
* 9th Northern Coin Event 2009, Saturday September 19, 2009, Assen, The Netherlands, http://www.muntmanifestatie.nl
* 6th Coin Event Numismatica Herentals, Sunday December 13, 2009, Herentals Belgium, http://www.numismatica-herentals.be
* 39th World Money Fair, January 29 to 31, 2010 in Berlin, Germany