Bi-Metallic Collectors Club
Newsmail # 667
Newsmail 667 Volume 15, May 23, 2009
Composed with help from members of the
Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC),
and weekly published by: Martin Peeters, Netherlands,
Focal Point of the WBCC
Past Newsmails can be found at http://www.wbcc-online.com/newsmail/wbccnews.html
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
1. WBCC Newsmail 669 to 672...by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal Point
Please notice: because of my vacation from May 30 till June 27 WBCC Newsmail 669 to 672 will be composed and send by Jack Hepler in the USA. E-mail: email@example.com
2. Bi-metallic 10 Roubles 2009 from Russia...by Antonio Barrena Mateo, Spain
Emission date June 1, 2009 of 3 new Bi-metallics 10 Roubles from Russia.
The reverse of the first coin: on the disc - panoramic images of the Town of Galich and its coat of arms. The inscriptions on the ring along the rim: in the upper part - "ДРЕВНИЕ ГОРОДА РОССИИ" (ANCIENT TOWNS OF RUSSIA), in the lower one - "ГАЛИЧ" (GALICH).
The reverse of the second coin: on the disc - panoramic images of the Town of Kaluga and its coat of arms. The inscriptions on the ring along the rim: in the upper part - "ДРЕВНИЕ ГОРОДА РОССИИ" (ANCIENT TOWNS OF RUSSIA), in the lower one - "КАЛУГА" (KALUGA).
The reverse of the third coin: on the disc - the coat of arms of the Jewish Autonomous Region. The inscriptions on the ring along the rim: in the upper part - "РОССИЙСКАЯ ФЕДЕРАЦИЯ" (THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION), in the lower one - "ЕВРЕЙСКАЯ АВТОНОМНАЯ ОБЛАСТЬ" (THE JEWISH AUNONOMOUS REGION).
3. Bi-metallic 5 New Soles 2009 from Peru...by David Velarde (via Wolfgang Schuster)
Peru has a new Bi-metallic. The 5 Nuevos Soles 2009, but the de edge is reeded, that's different for other years
<>4. Bi-metallic MMT's from Poland...by Stanislaw Bulawski, Poland
Here are scans of new Bi-metallic MTT’s from Polish cities:
a. Krakow, 1 Funt Diameter 27 mm, ring - brass, center - alpaca (CuZnNi), issued 5000 pieces
b. Oswiecim, 1 Funt Diameter 27 mm, ring - brass, center - alpaca (CuZnNi), issued 5000 pieces
c. Niepolomnice, 1 Funt Diameter 27 mm ring - brass, center - alpaca (CuZnNi), issued 5000 pieces
d. Wolin Island, 7 Denarow, Diameter 27 mm, ring - brass, center - alpaca (CuZnNi), issued 2500 pieces and 7 Denarow, Diameter 27 mm, ring - alpaca (CuZnNi), center - brass, issued 2500 pieces
e. Krakow lajkonik, 1 Funt, Diameter 27 mm,Tri-metallic ring - brass, center - alpaca (CuZnNi), ring - cupper, issued 5000 pieces
5. Bi-metallic medals from China in Korean Ebay.....by Allen Kwon, South-Korea
I found that Chinese bimetal medals in Korean auction site.
Obverse: mouse, horse, dog of Chinese Zodiacs,
Reverse: Chinese characters of these animals.
This Images come from below pages.
6. Bi-metallic Panda set from Chine...by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
Saw in Ebay a 3 pieces Bi-metallic Panda set you don't see often:
7. Bi-metallic coins from North-Korea......by Allen Kwon, South-Korea
Refering to WBCC Newsmail 666 item 3 about the North-Korea Bi-metallic 1 and 7 Won, is here the picture of the Bi-metallic 7 Won
8. Encased 1 Pfennig in Ebay.........by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
Saw in Ebay an unusual Encased piece from Germany;
9. Bi-metallic Quiz Game #667...........by Jack Hepler, USA
The Coat of Arms of Morocco, shows a green pentagram on a red background. The design incorporates a sun rising behind idealized mountains. The royal crown is on top. Two lions hold the shield. A ribbon underneath the shield says in Arabic, "If you assist God, he will assist you" This is a quote from the Koran. The Moroccan Coat of Arms is incorporated into the design of the circulation Bi-metallic coins of Morocco. What is the name of the mountain range in the design?
a. Atlas Mountains
b. Casablanca Mountains
c. Sahara Mountains
d. El Maghreb-el-Aksa
See these coins and others at the WBCC website: http://wbcc-online.com
Please send your answer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #666
In 2005, Finland issued a 2 Euro to commemorative the 50th Anniversary of the United Nations. The design incorporated the image of which creature?
The correct answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #666 is d. Dove.
WBCC Quiz Game Prize
A Bi-metallic prize will be awarded for the correct answer. If more than one member gets the correct answer, a random drawing will be conducted to select a winner. The #665 Quiz Game winner is Leandro Del Vecchio, WBCC member #336. There were ten players in this game, three of whom had the correct answer.
The Tree of Life is portrayed on the Bi-metallic one and two Euro of France. How many leaves are shown on the Tree of Life and what is the significance of that number? Give the designer's name and nationality.
11. New Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images...by Rod Sell, WBCC Webmaster
The new Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images shown at:
* Russia 10 roubles from Jewish Region
* Russia 10 roubles from Kaluga
* Russia 10 roubles from Galich
* Peru 2008 5 soles with reeded edge
* Poland trimetallic MTTs from Krakow - Lajkonik
See You Next Week.
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was
established September 14, 1996 and is the very first Worldwide
Collectors Club using the Internet.
The WBCC will attend the following future International
* Open Day of the Royal Dutch Mint, Saterday June 13, 2009, Utrecht, The Netherlands http://en.knm.nl
* 9th Northern Coin Event 2009, Saturday September 19, 2009, Assen, The Netherlands, http://www.muntmanifestatie.nl
* 6th Coin Event Numismatica Herentals, Sunday December 13, 2009, Herentals Belgium, http://www.numismatica-herentals.be
* 39th World Money Fair, January 29 to 31, 2010 in Berlin, Germany