Bi-Metallic Collectors Club
Newsmail # 679
Newsmail 679 Volume 15, August 15, 2009
Composed with help from members of the
Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC),
and weekly published by: Martin Peeters, Netherlands,
Focal Point of the WBCC
Past Newsmails can be found at http://www.wbcc-online.com/newsmail/wbccnews.html
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
1. Bi-metallic 25 Pound 1996 error from Syria...by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
Saw in Ebay a Bi-metallic 25 Pound 1996 error.
BTW: The auction has ended now
2. Bi-metallic MTT from Poland.......by Stanislaw Bulawski, Poland
New Polish Bi-metallic MTT from Warsaw Mint:
* City Mragowo, 7 Czosow 2009, Diam 27 mm, ring - brass, center K-N, issued 20.000 pieces
3. Bi-metallic MTT' from Poland..........by Stanislaw Bulawski, Poland
New Polish Bi-metallic MTT from Leba Mint
* City Bolimow, 10 budnikow 2009 Elk, Diam 27 mm, ring - brass, center alpaca, issued 3.500 pieces
* Convex map
* Concave map (Laser technics )
4. Bi-metallic medals from Poland (1)......by Jacek Stącel, Poland
This is the first of a new series Bi-metalic:
Polish National Parks
* Tatra National Park - Kozic Tatrzańska, Diameter 27 mm, issued 15.000 pieces
* Slowinski National Park -
* Wolinski National Park -
* Karkonosze National Park -
* Table Mountains National Park -
PS .In Poland, 23 National Parks ,promises to be an interesting series :-)
5. Bi-metallic medals from Poland (2)..... by Jacek Stącel, Poland
Puck City will issue 8 Bi-metalics, series Baltic Sea fish. The first of the series is COD
6. Bi-metallic Token from Japan...from Bob Spender, USA<>I have a bi-metallic token to report. I have reported a couple in the past. These are similar amusement tokens and I have attached a jpg scan of both. >
Obverse: Pachislo (around top edge) Kokura (around bottom edge) Glotv Kokura (across center between 7 stars above and 6 star below);<>Reverse is the same.
The tokens are 25mm NB edge and 15.5 mm center. One token has a brass center the other is bronze center (darker, copper color) and the stars are slightly larger on this one. > The only point I am unsure about is the center logo word Glotv. Obviously a foreign word these tokens are used in Pachnko machines and usually come from Japan or Korea.>
7. Bi-metallic 10 Bath 2009 from Thailand......by Frans Dubois, Netherlands
Thailand issued his 54th comm.. Bi-metallic 10 bath 2009 coin for the "50th Anniversary National Research Council".
8. Bi-metallic 10 Bath from Thailand....by Thanakarn Sawatsritawan, Thailand
My name is Thanakarn Sawatsritawan coin collecter from Thailand and sure I am member number 488 and I want to help you idntify Thailand Bi-metallic coins
I have made an excel file with information about all Bi-metallics from Thailand.
---Rematk WBCC Focal Point: I did scan the excel files and add them to the article
9. Bi-metallic Quiz Game #679..........by Jack Hepler, USA
This week continues the quiz series called, "Whose Face".
Whose face appears on the 1995 Bi-metallic 10 New Shekels of Israel?
See this coin and others at the WBCC website: http://wbcc-online.com
Please send your answer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #678
Whose face appears on the 2002 Bi-metallic 1 Lev of Bulgaria?
The correct answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #678 is St. Ivan Rilski. (Several different spellings)
WBCC Quiz Game Prize
A Bi-metallic prize will be awarded for the correct answer. If more than one member gets the correct answer, a random drawing will be conducted to select a winner. The #677 Quiz Game winner is Thanakarn Sawatsritawan, WBCC member #488. There were 10 players in this game, all of whom had the correct answer.
10. The WBCC Bi-metallic Super Quiz 6......by Jack Hepler, USA
Quirinale Square is shown on a circulation Bi-metallic Coin. The square has buildings on three sides. The fourth side is open creating a view of the city. Statues of the "Horse Trainers" stand in the square.
a. Who are the "Horse Trainers"?
b. Name a resident who lives on Quirinale Square.
c. The open side faces generally in what cardinal direction?
How would you have asked the Name of a resident?
Answer to Super QQ #005
The winner of Question 5 wasThanakarn Sawatsritawan of Thailand. There were eight possible points and he scored all eight.
11. New Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images...by Rod Sell, WBCC Webmaster
new Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images shown at:
*Poland MTT from the city of Puck
* Syria error
* Poland 2
MTT varieties from Bolimow
See You next week.
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was
established September 14, 1996 and is the very first Worldwide
Collectors Club using the Internet.
The WBCC will attend the following future International
* 9th Northern Coin Event 2009, Saturday September 19, 2009, Assen, The Netherlands, http://www.muntmanifestatie.nl
* 6th Coin Event Numismatica Herentals, Sunday December 13, 2009, Herentals Belgium, http://www.numismatica-herentals.be
* 39th World Money Fair, January 29 to 31, 2010 in Berlin, Germany
* Open Day of the Royal Dutch Mint, Saterday June , 2010, Utrecht, The Netherlands http://en.knm.nl