Bi-Metallic Collectors Club
Newsmail # 681
Newsmail 681 Volume 15, August 29, 2009
Composed with help from members of the
Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC),
and weekly published by: Martin Peeters, Netherlands,
Focal Point of the WBCC
Past Newsmails can be found at http://www.wbcc-online.com/newsmail/wbccnews.html
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
1. New WBCC members.......by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal Point
We have 2 new WBCC members. Let me introduce them to you:
Hobby: world coins including bimetallics especially euros: Vatican and San Marino
How did you know about the WBCC: by Bob Fritsch
Name: Mujahid Shariff (WBCC member #498), India
Profession: IT Manager
coins especially Bi- and/or Tri-metallics
Hobby: World coins especially Bi- and/or Tri-metallics
Goal: Comprehensive Indian coins collection
Against: Nothing in particular
How did you know about the WBCC: Through another forum, Worldofcoins.eu
2. Bi-metallic Fantasy Euro's...by Jose Ramirez, Spain
I have obtained these 1 Euro Fantasy Euro's from Germany, Luxemburg, Monaco and France. The coins have a common side.
The coins are in a set of legal tender coins, several dates. The Monaco coin with French Euros, I have this coin dated 2005 too.
3. Bi-metallic MTT's from Poland....by Jacek Stącel, Poland
Here are pictures of Bi-metallic NTT's from Radom. Issued on the occasion of air shows
4. Bi-metallic Encased Silver Dollar in Ebay...by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
Neven saw this before in Ebay:
1878 Buick Silver Dollar
Up for auction is an 1878 Silver Dollar Coin. This coin is a Rare encased coin that was only sent to Buick Automobile Dealerships! The front casing states "YOU CAN BET A MILLION IT'S THE BEST BUICK YET" and the back casing states "WHEN BETTER AUTOMOBILES ARE BUILT BUICK WILL BUILD THEM" Shipping cost includes delivery confirmation & insurance! Please let us know if you have any questions?
5. Bi-metallic 10 Baht from Thailand as a keychain.....by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
Saw in Ebay this Keychain with a Bi-metallic 10 Baht from Thailand
This week continues the quiz series called, "Whose Face".
A Thailand 10 Baht commemorating the WHO Food Award was issued in 2007.
Whose face appears on this Bi-metallic 10 Baht coin?>
See this coin and others at the WBCC website: http://wbcc-online.com
Please send your answer to: email@example.com
Answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #680
Whose face appears on the 1994 Tri-metallic 20 Francs Commerative of France?
The correct answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #680 is Pierre de Coubertin.
WBCC Quiz Game Prize
A Bi-metallic prize will be awarded for the correct answer. If more than one member gets the correct answer, a random drawing will be conducted to select a winner. The #679 Quiz Game winner is Hector Garcia, WBCC member #494. There were 11 players in this game, all of whom had the correct answer.
7. The WBCC Bi-metallic Super Quiz 6......by Jack Hepler, USA
Quirinale Square is shown on a circulation Bi-metallic Coin. The square has buildings on three sides. The fourth side is open creating a view of the city. Statues of the "Horse Trainers" stand in the square.
a. Who are the "Horse Trainers"?
b. Name a resident who lives on Quirinale Square.
c. The open side faces generally in what cardinal direction?
How would you have asked the Name of a resident?
8. New Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images...by Rod Sell, WBCC Webmaster
new Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images shown at:
*Fantasy Euros varieties
* USA encased Morgan Dollar
See You next week.
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was
established September 14, 1996 and is the very first Worldwide
Collectors Club using the Internet.
The WBCC will attend the following future International
* 9th Northern Coin Event 2009, Saturday September 19, 2009, Assen, The Netherlands, http://www.muntmanifestatie.nl
* 6th Coin Event Numismatica Herentals, Sunday December 13, 2009, Herentals Belgium, http://www.numismatica-herentals.be
* 39th World Money Fair, January 29 to 31, 2010 in Berlin, Germany
* Open Day of the Royal Dutch Mint, Saterday June , 2010, Utrecht, The Netherlands http://en.knm.nl