Bi-Metallic Collectors Club
Newsmail # 682
Newsmail 682 Volume 15, September 5, 2009
Composed with help from members of the
Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC),
and weekly published by: Martin Peeters, Netherlands,
Focal Point of the WBCC
Past Newsmails can be found at http://www.wbcc-online.com/newsmail/wbccnews.html
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
1. A new WBCC member.......by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal Point
We have a new WBCC member. Let me introduce him to you:
Name:Ahmed Shaaban (WBCC member #499), Egypt
Profession: communication engineer
Hobby:World coins especially Bi-metallic
Goal: to collect as much as i can from world bi-metallic coins
--Remark WBCC Focal Point: Ahmed is the first WBCC member from Egypt.
2. WBCC members meet (1).....by Cliff Anderson, USA<>While in San Antonio for a family wedding, on Saturday, August 29, WBCC member Larry Friemel and his wife Chris, visited WBCC member Cliff and Nancy Anderson. Good time, nice dinner, and the "requisite amount" of Bi-metallic discussion>
3. WBCC members meet (2)....by Meir Sapir, Israel
I will be in Australia and New Zealand during Oct, Nov and Dec. I would like to meet fellow collectors, please post it in the next WBCC Newsletter. Please E-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Bi-metallic in Ebay....by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
This Bi-metallic f5 Dollar rom Singapore you don't see often in Ebay
5. Bi-metallic Quiz Game #682..........by Jack Hepler, USA
This week continues the quiz series called, "Whose Face".
Whose face appears on the 1993 Mexican Bi-metallic 20 Pesos coin?
See this coin and others at the WBCC website: http://wbcc-online.com
Please send your answer to: email@example.com
Answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #681
A Thailand 10 Baht commemorating the WHO Food Award was issued in 2007.
Whose face appears on this Bi-metallic 10 Baht coin?
The correct answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #681 is Somdet Phra Nang Chao Sirikit Phra Borommarachininat or Queen Sirikit or several other derivatives.
WBCC Quiz Game Prize
A Bi-metallic prize will be awarded for the correct answer. If more than one member gets the correct answer, a random drawing will be conducted to select a winner. The #680 Quiz Game winner is Tom Galway, WBCC member #68. There were eight players in this game, all of whom had the correct answer.
6. The WBCC Bi-metallic Super Quiz 7......by Jack Hepler, USA
A landlocked Euro issuing country issued a series of 9 bimetallic coins
of the same value.
One obverse of these bimetallic coins is again used on a coin of the Euro
series of that country. What is shown on that common obverse?
Answer to Super Quiz 06
Quirinale Square is shown on a circulation Bi-metallic Coin. The square
has buildings on three sides. The fourth side is open creating a view of
the city. Statues of the "Horse Trainers" stand in the square.
A. Who are the "Horse Trainers"?
Answer: Castor and Pollux
B. Name a resident who lives on Quirinale Square.
Answer: Giorgio Napolitano
C. The open side faces generally in what cardinal direction?
See You next week.
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was
established September 14, 1996 and is the very first Worldwide
Collectors Club using the Internet.
The WBCC will attend the following future International
* 9th Northern Coin Event 2009, Saturday September 19, 2009, Assen, The Netherlands, http://www.muntmanifestatie.nl
* 6th Coin Event Numismatica Herentals, Sunday December 13, 2009, Herentals Belgium, http://www.numismatica-herentals.be
* 39th World Money Fair, January 29 to 31, 2010 in Berlin, Germany
* Open Day of the Royal Dutch Mint, Saterday June , 2010, Utrecht, The Netherlands http://en.knm.nl