Bi-Metallic Collectors Club
Newsmail # 683
Newsmail 683 Volume 15, September 12, 2009
Composed with help from members of the
Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC),
and weekly published by: Martin Peeters, Netherlands,
Focal Point of the WBCC
Past Newsmails can be found at http://www.wbcc-online.com/newsmail/wbccnews.html
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
1. A new WBCC member.......by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal Point
We have a new WBCC member. Let me introduce him to you:
Name: Henk Zonneveld (WBCC member #500), Netherlands
How did I know about the WBCC: Frans Dubois
2. WBCC at Coinshow next week...by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
Next week, Saterday september 19, the WBCC will be present at the 9th Northern Coin Event. It is the bigest coin show of The Netherlands and it is held in Assen. More info at: www.muntmanifestatie.nl
I will be there together with Frans Dubois. So if you want to meet us, the WBCC booth will be just right to the entrance. See you !!
3. Bi-metallic token from France...by Rod Sell. Australia
Received 2 pictures from Renard Regis of rare French token.
--Remark from Michel Prieur, France;
This is a Louis XIII jeton in two different colors of copper, made with the same technology the roman bi-metallic medaillons.
It was struck around 1615 on behalf of the Conseil du roi (King's advisers council) this we know because the reverse legend NIL NISI CONSILIO (Nothing without the COuncil) is the motto of the Council.
The bust is type Guéant-Prieur 74D - http://www.numishop.eu/ficheboutique.php?boutique=lib&id=LB25&argretour=1 and the legend means "Gratefull to a helping heaven" .
These jetons are exceedingly rare and command very strong prices
there is an article about these written by M. Pastoureau et A. Weil but it is out of print.
--Remark fromWBCC Focal Point, in the WBCC Images Libray http://www.wbcc-online.com/france/france10.html there is a simulare piece.
4. Bi-metallic Quiz Game #683..........by Jack Hepler, USA
This week continues the quiz series called, "Whose Face".
Whose face appears on the 2000 Philippines 10 Piso coin?
See this coin and others at the WBCC website: http://wbcc-online.com
Please send your answer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #682
Whose face appears on the 1993 Mexican Bi-metallic 20 Pesos coin?
The correct answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #682 is Hidalgo.
WBCC Quiz Game Prize
A Bi-metallic prize will be awarded for the correct answer. If more than one member gets the correct answer, a random drawing will be conducted to select a winner. The #681 Quiz Game winner is Meir Sapir, WBCC member #296. There were five players in this game, all of whom had the correct answer.
5. The WBCC Bi-metallic Super Quiz 7......by Jack Hepler, USA
A landlocked Euro issuing country issued a series of 9 bimetallic coins of the same value.
One obverse of these Bi-metallic coins is again used on a coin of the Euro series of that country. What is shown on that common obverse?
The winner of the Super Quiz 6 for August and Quiz 681 winner is Meir Sapir, from Israel
6. New Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images...by Rod Sell, WBCC Webmaster
new Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images shown at:
See You next week.
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was
established September 14, 1996 and is the very first Worldwide
Collectors Club using the Internet.
The WBCC will attend the following future International
* 9th Northern Coin Event 2009, Saturday September 19, 2009, Assen, The Netherlands, http://www.muntmanifestatie.nl
* 6th Coin Event Numismatica Herentals, Sunday December 13, 2009, Herentals Belgium, http://www.numismatica-herentals.be
* 39th World Money Fair, January 29 to 31, 2010 in Berlin, Germany
* Open Day of the Royal Dutch Mint, Saterday June , 2010, Utrecht, The Netherlands http://en.knm.nl