Bi-Metallic Collectors Club
Newsmail # 688
Newsmail 688 Volume 15, October 17, 2009
Composed with help from members of the
Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC),
and weekly published by: Martin Peeters, Netherlands,
Focal Point of the WBCC
Past Newsmails can be found at http://www.wbcc-online.com/newsmail/wbccnews.html
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
1. A new WBCC member.......by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal Point
We have a new WBCC member. Let me introduce him to you:
Name: Tapio Santikko
(WBCC member #504), Finland Webpage: www.santikko.net (but not yet valid) Age: 47 Profession: Process controller
Name: Tapio Santikko (WBCC member #504), Finland
Webpage: www.santikko.net (but not yet valid)
Profession: Process controllerHobby: European Coins especially Bi-metallics, Circulating Bi-metallic coins of the world, Bi -metallic especially Ecu and Euro coin
2. WBCC member with the WBCC Shirt...by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal Point
Here is a picture of WBCC member Kari Hurskainen from Finland with the WBCC Shirt. Looks very good !!
3. Winner Super Quiz Question September 2009...by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal Point
Here is the winner of the September 2009 Super Quiz Question, Bertie van Haag from The Netherlands.
4. An act of (Bi-metallic) kindness......by Charley Nash, USA
Members of the WBCC should know Jack Hepler (WBCC member 47) as the person who is responsible for the weekly Quiz Game.
I am a new member and contacted Jack on a concern of the club. He replied and asked me about
my interest. I told him I was a coin collector for over 20 years and was now interested in Bi-metallic coins but
limited to coins of Year 2000 or before. Jack picked up on my interest
and offered his surplus of Bi-metallic coins by just paying the
postage. I took up his offer and the
coins were received. Looking over the coins I was able to obtain 6
coins. They were a 1998
2 Pound coin from
Jack”s kindness impressed me. I was a total stranger but he reached out to a fellow member. All I can say to Jack is thank you it is appreciated. Wish there were more people like him.
5. Bi-metallic 5 Pesos 2009 from Mexico (1)...by Jose Luis Ramirez, Spain
There are a second Bi-metallic 5 Pesos 2009 fromThe man is Eulalio Gutierrez http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eulalio_Guti%C3%A9rrez
6. Bi-metallic 5 Pesos 2009 from Mexico (2)....by Max Aiello, Italy
Today has just been released the latest Bi-metallic Mexico 5 Pesos 2009 Independecy commemorating Servando Teresa De Mier. This is the 22nd coin of the 2010 serie.
7. Bi-metallic market token.................by Cliff Anderson, USA
This Bi-metallic market tally or token is from the London market of Boro or Borough. It was issued by Alexander Davidson, but its exact date is unknown, since Davidson does not appear in any catalogue of those market tokens. He must have been some sort of produce salesman. Note the brass "D" inserted into the middle of the copper flan.
8. Bi-metallic Fantasy Euro's (1).....by Jose Luis Ramirez, Spain
I have got this Bi-metallic Fantasy Euro's dated 1997. Both Bi-metallics are from two set of Euro legal tender coin from Portugal and Spain. The two sets have Eurocoins dated 2002 from 2006.
The portugese Bi-metallics show the Belem tower located in Lisboa.
The spanish Bi-metallics show the Sacred Family in Barcelona.
9. Bi-metallic from Germany....by Jose Luis Ramirez, Spain
Look at this coin: Bi-metallic 10 Euros 2009. 10th anniversary of the Euro. The coin shows the last one Deustche Mark and the 1 Euro common side.
10. Tri-metallic Medal from South-Africa.....by Jose Luis Ramirez, Spain
The Tri-metallic medal conmemorates the next World Football Championship. Maybe there are more medals of this kind.
--Remark WBCC Focal Point:
In a leaflet of SRH (Sir Rowland Hill) they offer the same piece for 9.90 Euro. It seems it is from a series of Tri-metallics from South-Africa and World Football Championship 2010. The complete series of these Tri-metalics has 10 different pieces
11. Bi-metallic 10 Franc 1987 from France...by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
A Bi-metallic in Ebay you don't see often:
12. Encased in Ebay....by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
An Encased in Ebay you don't see often:
13. Bi-metallic Quiz Game #688........by Jack Hepler, USA
This week continues the quiz series called, "Whose Face".
Whose face appears on the 2006 Bi-metallic Nigerian 1 Niara?
See this coin and others at the WBCC website: http://wbcc-online.com
Please send your answer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #687
Whose face appears on the 1992 Bi-metallic Portuguese 200 Escudos?
The correct answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #687 is Garcia de Orta.
WBCC Quiz Game Prize
A Bi-metallic prize will be awarded for the correct answer. If more than one member gets the correct answer, a random drawing will be conducted to select a winner. The #686 Quiz Game winner is Barry Murray, WBCC member #411. There were nine players in this game.
14. The WBCC Bi-metallic Super Quiz 8......by Jack Hepler, USA
Bi-metallic One and Two Euro coins issued in all of the Euro issuing countries shows a map on the common side. Approximately one millimeter below the image of Spain, three dots may be seen. What do these three dots represent?
(This question was suggested by Hans Bucek.)
15. New Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images...by Rod Sell, WBCC Webmaster
new Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images shown at:
* Isle of Man 2009 2 pound Peel Tower
* British Virgin Islands, 2009. 1) Silver and
(coloured) titanium (face value: 5 dollars) and 2 ) gold and (coloured)
titanium (face value: 75 dollars).
16. My Bi-metallic offer....by Hector Zaldivar, Mexico
I offer the Bi-metallic $5.00
Revolution/Independence Conmemorative, but could be easer if the
members contact asking for especial coin they needs from Mexico
See You next week.
Martin Peeters, Focal Point
of the Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was
established September 14, 1996 and is the very first Worldwide
Collectors Club using the Internet.
The WBCC will attend the following future International
* 6th Coin Event Numismatica Herentals, Sunday December 13, 2009, Herentals Belgium, http://www.numismatica-herentals.be
* 39th World Money Fair, January 29 to 31, 2010 in Berlin, Germany http://www.worldmoneyfair.ch/wmf/english/index.html
* 10th Northern Coin Event 2010, Saturday September 18, 2010, Assen, The Netherlands, www.muntmanifestatie.nl