Bi-Metallic Collectors Club
Newsmail # 689
Newsmail 689 Volume 15, October 24, 2009
Composed with help from members of the
Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC),
and weekly published by: Martin Peeters, Netherlands,
Focal Point of the WBCC
Past Newsmails can be found at http://www.wbcc-online.com/newsmail/wbccnews.html
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
1. Meeting WBCC members....by Jacek Stącel, Poland
I met at the Fair in Katowice colleagues from the Polish team WBCC.
Stand from top left:
Władek Gębczyk, Stanisław Buławski, Sławomir Klimczak
Darek Matyja, Jacek Stącel and Darek Pyć colleagues, who collects Bi-metalics long, and promised us that he will write to the WBCC
2. Bi-metallic 10 Baht 2009...........by Sanjay Basu, Thailand
New series Bi-metallic 10 Baht circulation coins with date 2009 are in circulation...here are the scans.
3. Bi-metallic 2 Euro from Finland....by Jacek Stącel, Poland
Today the issue of commemorative Bi-metallic 2 € 2009 in Finland
4. Bi-metallic 5 Euro 2009 from Luxembourg....by Wolfgang Schuster, Austria
In a press-release if the Luxembourg Bank one could read the following:
The Banque centrale du Luxembourg has the pleasure to announce a new series of silver-nordic gold collector coins dedicated to the “FAUNA AND FLORA IN LUXEMBOURG”. At the same time, the gold collector coin dedicated to the “Deer of Orval’s refuge” will be issued.
The gold collector coin “Deer of Orval’s refuge” is part of the “LUXEMBOURG’S CULTURAL HISTORY” series. It is dedicated to the medallion representing the deer of the Orval’s refuge. The coin is delivered with a certificate of authenticity giving additional information about the medallion. The coin has a face value of “10 €”. The mintage is limited to 3 000 units and each certificate is individually numbered. The coin is minted by the Royal Dutch Mint.
The silver - nordic gold collector coin “Common Kestrel” is the first coin of the new series “FAUNA AND FLORA IN LUXEMBOURG”, that successively represents the main elements of the Luxembourg natural landscape. The coin has a face value of “5 €”. The mintage is limited to 3 000 units. The coin is minted by the Royal Dutch Mint.
Both coins will be available as from October 29, 2009 at the counters of the BCL, 43, avenue Monterey, L-2163 Luxembourg (opening hours: Monday - Friday, 10.30 a.m. - 4.00 p.m.). The price of the gold coin “Deer of Orval’s refuge” is 100 €. The price of the coin dedicated to the “Common Kestrel” is 40 €. Both coins are also available, with additional shipment costs, in the Internet shop (eShop) to access either via the BCL homepage ( www.bcl.lu ) or via the following address:
https://eshop.bcl.lu/T/home_page.html . All products can be ordered as well at the Numismatic Section of the BCL via mail, fax: (+352) 4774 – 4994 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information, please to not hesitate to visit the web pages “Numismatic Products” of the BCL web site: www.bcl.lu
5. Bi-metallics from Poland (1).....by Jacek Stącel, Poland
In Polish the next 3 series Bi-metalic National Parks Nature :
* Karkonosze Park - Black Grouse
* Białowieża National Park - Bison
* Table Mountains Park - Eagle Owl
6. Bi-metallics from Redonda Island........by Jacek Stącel, Poland
I also have 4 Bi-metalic of Redonda Island,
--Remark WBCC Focal Point: If you want to know more about Redonda Island look at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redonda
7. Bi-metallic MTT's from Poland (2)...by Stanislaw Bulawski, Poland
<>Here are 3 New Polish Bi-metallic MTT's from Warsaw Mint, Diam 27 mm, ring - brass, center K-N, issued 15.000 pieces
* National Parks of Bialowieski, 7 Cudow 2009
* National Parks of Karkonoski, 7 Cudow 2009>
* National Parks of Gor Stolowych, 7 Cudow 2009
8. Bi-metallic Trade Token from the
USA....by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
an offer of a Bi-metallic Trade Token from the US one doesn't see often:
Bi-metallic F&S Smoke Shop Sisterville WV Trade Token
9. Bi-metallic Quiz Game #689........by Jack Hepler, USA
Whose face appears on the 2005 Bi-metallic 1000 Bolivianos of Venezuela?
See this coin and others at the WBCC website: http://wbcc-online.com
Please send your answer to: email@example.com
Answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #688
Whose face appears on the 2006 Bi-metallic Nigerian 1 Niara?
The correct answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #688 is Sir Herbert Macauley (1864-1946)
WBCC Quiz Game Prize
A Bi-metallic prize will be awarded for the correct answer. If more than one member gets the correct answer, a random drawing will be conducted to select a winner. The #687 Quiz Game winner is Keith Beaumont, WBCC member #168. There were seven players in this game; all had the correct answer
10. The WBCC Bi-metallic Super Quiz 8......by Jack Hepler, USA
Bi-metallic One and Two Euro coins issued in all of the Euro issuing countries shows a map on the common side. Approximately one millimeter below the image of Spain, three dots may be seen. What do these three dots represent?
(This question was suggested by Hans Bucek.)
11. New Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images...by Rod Sell, WBCC Webmaster
new Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images shown at:
See You next week.
Martin Peeters, Focal Point
of the Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was
established September 14, 1996 and is the very first Worldwide
Collectors Club using the Internet.
The WBCC will attend the following future International
* 6th Coin Event Numismatica Herentals, Sunday December 13, 2009, Herentals Belgium, http://www.numismatica-herentals.be
* 39th World Money Fair, January 29 to 31, 2010 in Berlin, Germany http://www.worldmoneyfair.ch/wmf/english/index.html
* 10th Northern Coin Event 2010, Saturday September 18, 2010, Assen, The Netherlands, www.muntmanifestatie.nl