Bi-Metallic Collectors Club
Newsmail # 690
Newsmail 690 Volume 15, October 31, 2009
Composed with help from members of the
Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC),
and weekly published by: Martin Peeters, Netherlands,
Focal Point of the WBCC
Past Newsmails can be found at http://www.wbcc-online.com/newsmail/wbccnews.html
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
1. Bi-metallic 10 Rouble 2009 from Russia...by Jacek Stącel, Poland
November 2 will broadcast the last Bi-metallic 10 rubles coins scheduled for 2009, series "of the Republic and the Russian Federations ", " Kirov Region "
2. Bi-metallic from Isle of Man....by Antonio Barrena Mateo, Spain
2009 25th Anniversary 1/4th Ounce Angel Proof
British Gold Angels were first minted during the War of The Roses in 1465. It has always been a token of good luck and health to have a Gold Angel in your pocket. In 1984 the tradition of striking gold Angels resumed. To celebrate their 25th Anniversary and through great advances in minting technology, for the first time ever Gold Angels with a Silver Halo have been minted!
3. Bi-metallic MMT from Poland.......by by Jacek Stącel, Poland
New Bi-metalic MTT city ŁÓDŹ
Bear Uszatek - the hero of an animated fairy tales for children. In ŁÓDŹ, the animated film studio
4. Bi-metallic from Germany in Ebay....by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
Saw in Ebay
The following Bi-metallic:
Germany Cologne 1st Bimetallic Coin 1730 Wine Token
A pretty famous item, first bi-metallic item, silver token with a copper "plug" in the center issued Cologne City Council Commissary for wine. Made in 1730 in Cologne (Köln). Depicts the arms of the free City of Cologne on one side and a classical German Riesling glass on the other. The edge is lettered with "bibite cum letitia", which means "drink with delight".
5. Bi-metallic market tokens from England......by Cliff Anderson, USA
Here are two more of those Bi-metallic market tokens from England.
The heart shaped one is the only bi-metallic token that I know of that is dated: 1894. The Bi-metallic feature is the rounded copper quatrefoil center. It is from "Boro Mkt" or more formally spelled Borough Market.
The round one with what looks like a perforate stamp as the bimetallic center is from "White & Son, 2,4,&6 Park Street, London" and is for 6 pence.As with the other market tokens, both of these are from produce salesmen.
Bi-metallic Trade Token from the USA....by Martin Peeters, Netherlands
an offer of a Bi-Metallic Trade Token 5 cents from the US one doesn't see often:
7. Encased piece from Italy....by Paul Baker, UK
Saw in Ebay:
an offer of an Ecased piece from Italy
8. Bi-metallic Quiz Game #690........by Jack Hepler, USA
This week continues the quiz series called, "Whose Face".
Whose face appears on the 2000 Bi-metallic 100 Leke of Albania?
See this coin and others at the WBCC website: http://wbcc-online.com
Please send your answer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #689
Whose face appears on the 2005 Bi-metallic 1000 Bolivares of Venezuela?
The correct answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #689 is Simon Bolivar.
WBCC Quiz Game Prize
A Bi-metallic prize will be awarded for the correct answer. If more than one member gets the correct answer, a random drawing will be conducted to select a winner. The #688 Quiz Game winner is Allen Kwon, WBCC member #472. There were ten players in this game; all had the correct answer.
9. The WBCC Bi-metallic Super Quiz 8......by Jack Hepler, USA
Bi-metallic One and Two Euro coins issued in all of the Euro issuing countries shows a map on the common side. Approximately one millimeter below the image of Spain, three dots may be seen. What do these three dots represent?
(This question was suggested by Hans Bucek.)
10. New Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images...by Rod Sell, WBCC Webmaster
new Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images shown at:
* Poland MTT
See You next week.
Martin Peeters, Focal Point
of the Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was
established September 14, 1996 and is the very first Worldwide
Collectors Club using the Internet.
The WBCC will attend the following future International
* 6th Coin Event Numismatica Herentals, Sunday December 13, 2009, Herentals Belgium, http://www.numismatica-herentals.be
* 39th World Money Fair, January 29 to 31, 2010 in Berlin, Germany http://www.worldmoneyfair.ch/wmf/english/index.html
* 10th Northern Coin Event 2010, Saturday September 18, 2010, Assen, The Netherlands, www.muntmanifestatie.nl