Bi-Metallic Collectors Club
Newsmail # 694
Newsmail 694 Volume 15, November 28, 2009
Composed with help from members of the
Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC),
and weekly published by: Martin Peeters, Netherlands,
Focal Point of the WBCC
Past Newsmails can be found at http://www.wbcc-online.com/newsmail/wbccnews.html
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
1. Bi-metallic commemorate 2 Euro coins in 2010....by Frans Dubois, The Netherlands
Several EU countries are planning issueing Bi-metallic commemoratives 2 Euro's in 2010. Here is the list
* Belgium, Chairman EU
* Germany, City Bremen
* Finland, Ann. of the appél of Generaal de Gaulle on June 18, 1940
* France, de Gaulle addressed
the French people on June 18, 1940
* France, de Gaulle addressed the French people on June 18, 1940
* Luxembourg, Shield of Luxemburg
* Portugal, 100 Years Republic of Portugal
* San Marino, 500e Years after the Death of Sandro Botticelli
* Slovenia May 2010, 200e Ann of the Botanic gardens in Ljubljana, mintage 910.000 circ, 70.000 pieces in BU, 20.000 pieces in proof
* Spain, Historical Center of Cordoba
* Vatican City, Year of the Priest
2. Bi-metallic 2 Pound 2006 from Guernsey....by Martin Peeters, The Netherlands
Saw in Ebay:
NLT, Guersney 2 Pound 2006, House Of Stuart, Anne
House Of Stuart is new to me....
3. Bi-metallic from different countries....by Michael Ayrapetov, USA
In Russian Website I found information about 3 Bi-metallic coins
* Gough Island (Tristan Da Cunha) 25 Pence 2009 Owl. Diameter and metals are the same that 2008 Bi-metallic coin of Stoltenhoff (Tristan Da Cunha);
* Andorra 1 Diner 2007 Pope Paul VI 1963-1978. Diameter: 24.5 mm. Copper-Nickel ring, Brass center;
* Andorra 2 Diners 2007 Pope John Paul I 1978. Diameter: 28.4 mm. Brass ring, Copper-Nickel center.
4. Encased from Israel...by Martin Peeters, The Netherlands
Saw in Ebay:
State Of Israel Bi-Metallic Coin Encased Hebrew Medal
This piece is also avalable in the member's Items For Sale
http://wbcc-online.com/sales/sales.html , item 5 from Yozzi Barzelay from Isreal
5. Bi-metallic Quiz Game #694........by Jack Hepler, USA
This week continues the quiz series called, "Whose Face".
Whose face appears on the Bi-metallic Liberian 5 Dollars dated 2005?
See this coin and others at the WBCC website: http://wbcc-online.com
Please send your answer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #693
The face of a King appears on a 2006 Mexican Bi-metallic 100 Pesos.
Whose face is this? This is one of the coins in the Mexican States Series.
The correct answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #693 is Mayan King Pakal, Palenque.
WBCC Quiz Game Prize
A Bi-metallic prize will be awarded for the correct answer. If more than one member gets the correct answer, a random drawing will be conducted to select a winner. The #692 Quiz Game winner is Bertie van Haag, WBCC member #261. There were eight players in this game; all had the correct answer.
6. The WBCC Bi-metallic Super Quiz 9......by Jack Hepler, USA
Peru issued two Bi-metallic coins, showing lines in the Nazca desert plain (birds). What bird is on which coin and in which directions on the Nazca desert are the birds flying. The answer must use the eight point compass directions.
7 . New Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images...by Rod Sell, WBCC Webmaster
new Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images shown at:
* Slovenia 2010 2 euro
* Germany 2010 Bremen 2 euro
* China 2009 gold Panda
* UK Metropole Hotel London
8. Selling my Bi-metallic collection.....by Reijo Saine, Finland
I don't want to sell them one by one, only whole collection in one piece.
There are 286 different coins. 176 are euros from EU- countries from finland there are all euros from 1999 to 2004. If you are interested please contact me at:
See You next week.
Martin Peeters, Focal Point
of the Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was
established September 14, 1996 and is the very first Worldwide
Collectors Club using the Internet.
The WBCC will attend the following future International
* 6th Coin Event Numismatica Herentals, Sunday December 13, 2009, Herentals Belgium, http://www.numismatica-herentals.be
* 39th World Money Fair, January 29 to 31, 2010 in Berlin, Germany http://www.worldmoneyfair.ch/wmf/english/index.html
* 10th Northern Coin Event 2010, Saturday September 18, 2010, Assen, The Netherlands, www.muntmanifestatie.nl