Bi-Metallic Collectors Club
Newsmail # 699
Newsmail 699 Volume 16, January 2, 2010
Composed with help from members of the
Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC),
and weekly published by: Martin Peeters, Netherlands,
Focal Point of the WBCC
Past Newsmails can be found at http://www.wbcc-online.com/newsmail/wbccnews.html
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
I'm sure we will have a fantastic Bi-metallic year
1. New WBCC members.......by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal Point
We have 2 new WBCC members. Let me introduce them to you:
Name: Kevin S. Quinn (WBCC member #506), USA
Hobby: World Coins/Bimetal coins
Goal: Meet people with same interests/ trading partners
How did I know about the WBCC: Member referral/Jack Hepler
Name:Franco Koetje (WBCC member #507), The Netherlands
Profession: Warehouse manager
Hobby: European Coins especially Bi- and/or Tri-metallics, Bi- and/or Tri-metallic especially Ecu and Euro coins
How did I know about the WBCC: Internet
Here is a picture of the Bi-metallic 2 Euro of Spain 2011. The design of the Bi-metallic 2 Euro Spain 2011 is published now: La Alhambra, el Generalife y el Albaicín: Granada. Mintage will be 8.000.000 pieces.
and for the next 4 years the design will be:
* 2012 “Catedral de Burgos”
* 2013 “Real Monasterio del Escorial”
* 2014 “Obras de Antonio Gaudí”
* 2015 “Altamira y el Arte Rupestre del Norte de España”
3. Bi-metallic 2 Euro 2010 from Monaco…by Frans Dubois, The Netherlands
Monaco will issue a Bi-metallic 2 Euro in 2010. Design (5th anniversary Albert II on the throne) will be published at the World Money Fair 2010 in Berlin. Mintage will be 95.000. Issue date April 6, 2010
4 Bi-metallic 2 Euro 2009 BU from Luxemburg...by Martin Peeters, The Netherlands
Luxemburg had made s 2009 BU Euro set with extra Bi-metallic 2 Euro EMU and 2 Euro depicting Charlotte. The 2 Euro EMU is different then ususal.
The 2 Euro EMU is different then ususal. Here is the picture with the difference. (Left the normal piece and right the different piece)
5. Bi-metallic 10 Baht 2009 from Thailand (1).......by Pabitra Saha, UK
A new Bi-metallic 10 Baht 2009 Commemorative coin for 50 years of Office of National Research Council of Thailand (50 ปี สำนักงาน คณะกรรมการวิจัยแห่งชาติ) was released on 18th August 2009.
6. Bi-metallics 10 Baht 2009/2010 from Thailand (2).......by Jose Luis Ramirez, Spain
a. Bi-metallic 10 Baht coin, commemorate 100 years of Command and General Staff College, Royal Thai Army. Announced to be issued in October 2009.
b. Bi-metallic 10 Baht coin, commemorate 84th Birthday of HRH Princess Bejaratana
Princess Bejaratana Rajasuda Sirisobhabannavadi (pronounced Pet-Cha-Rat, born 24 Nov 1925) is the only daughter of late HM King Rama 6. She is a first cousin of current HM King Bhumibol Adulyadej (Rama 9).
c. Bi-metallic 10 Baht coin, commemorate 150th Birthday of HRH Prince Bhanurangsi Savangwongse
HRH Prince Bhanurangsi Savangwongse was Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Siamese Army during the reign of HM King Rama 5 who was his half-brother. He is also the founder of the Thai postal service.
7. Bi-metallic 2 Pounds 2009 from Island Of Man....by Jose Luis Ramirez, Spain
Saw in Ebay Isle of Man
8. Bi-metallic 2 Euro from Italy....by Jacek Stącel, Po;and
Bank of Italy confirmed the information about the issue 2 € in honor of Mother Teresa of Calcutta. The planned issue - 5 000 000 units.
9. Bi-metallic Euro designs....by Martin Peeters, The Netherlands
When you take a look at:
you will find some designs for future Bi-metallic Euro's.
Please take the designs not always serious.
10. Bi-metallic MTT’s from Poland…......by Wladek Gebczyk, PolandBi-metallic MTT from City Bukowina Tatrazanski
Bi-metallic MTTs from City Zakopane
Bi-metallic MTT from City Bialka Tatrazanski
Bi-metallic MTT from City Koronowo
Bi-metallic MTT from City Szczyrk
Bi-metallic MTT from City Brenna
Bi-metallic MTT from City Ustron
Bi-metallic MTT from City Wisla
Bi-metallic MTT from City Leba
Bi-metallic MTT from City Warsaw
11. Bi-metallic London market token....by Cliff Anderson, USA
Here is another of
those Bi-metallic tokens from the Spitalfields market in London.
This one is scalloped brass with an almost rectangular copper insert, and has a face value of 2 shillings. The vendor is "G. Isles,Junr", but I cannot further identify him or his business, other than to presume that he was a produce salesman, like almost everyone else in that market.The shape of the planchet and its manufacturer R.(alph) Neal, at his address "40 & 50 Percival St.", all indicate that the token probably was in use between 1930 and 1935. As mentioned previously, many of these English market tokens that are bimetallic are from the Spitalfields market.
12. Bi-metallic Quiz Game #699...........by Jack Hepler, USA
This week continues the quiz series called, "Whose Face".
Whose face appears on the 2002 Bi-metallic 5 Dinars of Morocco?
See this coin and others at the WBCC website: http://wbcc-online.com
Please send your answer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #698
Whose face appears on the 1990 Bi-metallic Portuguese 100 Escudos?
The correct answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #698 is Pedro Nunes.
WBCC Quiz Game Prize
A Bi-metallic prize will be awarded for the correct answer. If more than one member gets the correct answer, a random drawing will be conducted to select a winner. The #697 Quiz Game winner is Gabor Toth, WBCC member #80. There were nine players in this game.
13. The Super Quiz Question 11..... by Jack Hepler, USAName at least six Bi-metallic issuing countries through which the Tropic of Capricorn passes.
Answer to WBCC Super Quiz #10
a. There are nine bridges in Budapest crossing the river that passes though the city. One is pictured on the Hungarian Bi-metallic 200 Forint dated 2009. What is the name of this bridge?
b. When traveling by boat from north to south, how many bridges in Budapest would you pass before reaching this bridge?
c. What is the span (distance) between the bridge pillars?
The correct answer is:
a. Chain Bridge or Szecheny Bridge.
b. Three Bridges would be passed through; Megyeri-, Arpad-, Margit-Bridge
c. The span between bridge pillars is 202 meter.
The winner will be announced next week
14. New Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images...by Rod Sell, WBCC Webmaster
The new Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images shown at:
* Poland 2010 MTTs from Zakopane
* Poland 2009 MTT from Bialka Tatrazanski
* Poland 2009 MTT from Brenna
* India 2009 off centre 10 rupees
See You next week.
Martin Peeters, Focal Point
of the Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club
Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was
established September 14, 1996 and is the very first Worldwide
Collectors Club using the Internet.
The WBCC will
attend the following future International
* 39th World Money Fair, January 29 to 31, 2010 in Berlin, Germany http://www.worldmoneyfair.ch/wmf/english/index.html
* 10th Northern Coin Event 2010, Saturday September 18, 2010, Assen, The Netherlands, www.muntmanifestatie.nl