Bi-Metallic Collectors Club
Newsmail # 818
Newsmail 818, April 14 , 2012
Composed with help from members of the
Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC),
and weekly published by: Martin Peeters, Netherlands,
Focal Point of the WBCC
Past Newsmails can be found at http://www.wbcc-online.com/newsmail/wbccnews.html
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
Welcome into the
World of Bi-, Tri- and Tetra-metallics.
first you have to join the newsgroup.
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
Welcome into the World of Bi-, Tri- and Tetra-metallics. I hope you enjoy reading this week's issue of the WBCC Newsmail.
1. New WBCC member….by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal Point
We have a new WBCC member. Let me introduce him to you:
Name: Orlando Jorge de la Nuez Ruiz (WBCC member #542), Cuba
Profession: Seaman (merchant marine officer)
Hobby: World coins especially Bi- and/or Tri-metallics // Circulating Bi- and/or Tri-metallic coins of the world World coins and tokens including many Bi-and/or Tri-metallics
Goal: Improve my knowledge about this beautiful hobby. Interchange information with others members and finally, trying to increase my collection step by step.
How did I know about the WBCC: I was searching through the web in order to find a Bi-Metallic catalogue and fortunately I found the club.
--Remark WBCC Focal Point:
Orlando is the first WBCC member from Cuba.
one can read:
Your toonie and your loonie have evolved
The New $2 Coin
Like the new one-dollar circulation coins, Canada's new two-dollar circulation coins are manufactured using the Mint's Multi-Ply Plated Steel technology.
While the new two-dollar coin maintains the traditional "Polar Bear" design, there are three visible changes:
* The addition of two laser marks of maple leaves, each within a circle, at the bottom of the coin's reverse – i.e. on the side with the Polar Bear design.
* A virtual image of two maple leaves will appear at the top of the coin – a different image is produced as the coin is turned from side to side. The virtual image is produced by engraving different patterns on each side of two-sided grooves on the face of the coin.
* Edge-lettering of the words "CANADA" and "2 DOLLARS" are engraved along the coin's outer edge.
* Specifications: Diameter: 28mm Edge Height: 1.75mm Weight: 6.92g Composition: Outer Ring –Multi-ply nickel plated steel Insert –Multi-ply brass plated aluminum bronze
Also look at the video http://www.youtube:.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZmyX_CZy0FE
Here some images (obverse and reverse) of the new Bi-metallic 2 Dollar.
I noticed the following on the obverse:
a) the date is below the Queen’s portrait
b) the date is straight (not curved)
c) there is no mint mark (in contrast to the other three 2012 toonies issued so far; there the mint mark is a stylized maple leaf within a circle).
The composition of this new toony has not been used before:
ring: nickel plated steel
plug: brass plated aluminum-bronze
3. Bi-metallic 2 Pound 2004 Doublestrike from the UK…by Frans Dubois, The Netherlands
Saw in Ebay a Bi-metallic 2 Pound 2004 from the UK, a Doublestrike
4. Bi-metallic 20 Pounds 2011 from South Sudan.....by James Ballard, USA
Here pictures about the Bi-metallic 20 Pound 2011 from South Sudan without a flag and with a flag.
5. Bi-metallic Amusement Tokens from Australia/China/UK/Poland…..by Michael Ayrapetov, USA
Bi-metallic Amusement Tokens from Australia
Two Bi-metallic Amusement Tokens from China
Amusement Tokens from UK
Bi-metallic Amusement Token from Poland
6. Bi-metallic Quiz Game #818…….…by Jack Hepler, USA
In 2001, Finland issued a 25 Markkaa Bi-metallic coin. For what special event was this coin issued?
See this coin and others at the WBCC website: http://wbcc-online.com
Please send your answer to: email@example.com
Answer to Bi-metallic Quiz Game question #817.
Identify this Bi-metallic Coin.
This is a bi-metallic 5 Euro coin issued by Finland to commemorate the 90th Anniversary of Finnish independence.
WBCC Quiz Game Prize
A Bi-metallic prize will be awarded for the correct answer. If more than one member gets the correct answer, a random drawing will be conducted to select a winner.
The Quiz Game #816 prize winner was Meir Sapir, WBCC member #296.
7. Super Quiz #28…………by Jack Hepler, USA
Argentina issued a series of 5 Bi-metallic coins, commemorating 200 years of independence. All of these coins illustrate selected sites in Argentina Put these five locations in geographic order from north to south.
Answer to Super Quiz #27
There is a 20 Rupee coin that features a tall building in the design image.
Name the country that issued this circulation Bi-metallic coin and tell how tall the building is.
The coin is the issued for circulation Bi-metallic 20 Rupees
The winner of Super Quiz #27 is James Ballard, WBCC member # 523.8.New Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images...by Rod Sell, WBCC Webmaster
The new Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images are shown at:
"See you" next week,
Martin Peeters, Focal Point of the Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club firstname.lastname@example.org
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was established September 14, 1996 and is the very first Worldwide Collectors Club using the Internet. Goal of the WBCC is exchange Bi-, Tri-, and Tetra-metallics and exchange knowledge about Bi-, Tri-, and Tetra-metallics
WBCC Webmaster: Rod Sell, Australia, email@example.com
WBCC Auction/Sales Pages Provider: Rod Sell, firstname.lastname@example.org
WBCC DoCu-Centre: Frans Dubois, Netherlands, email@example.com
WBCC Research Centre: Paul Baker, UK, firstname.lastname@example.org
WBCC Developement Centre: Jack Hepler, USA, email@example.com
WBCC Focal Point ANA Conventions: Ray Lockwood, USA, firstname.lastname@example.org
WBCC Focal Point of the Numismata Vienna, 14/15 April 2012, Wolfgang Schuster, Austria, email@example.com
WBCC Focal Point: Martin Peeters, The Netherlands, firstname.lastname@example.org
WBCC Website: http://wbcc-online.com
The WBCC will attend the following future International events:
* Numismata Vienna, 14 and 15 april 2012, Vienna, Austria
* Open day of the Royal Dutch Mint, June, 2012, Utrecht, The Netherlands
* 42nd World Money Fair, February 1 till 3, 2013, Berlin, Germany