Bi-Metallic Collectors Club
Newsmail # 901
Newsmail 901, November 16 , 2013
Composed with help from members of the
Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC),
and weekly published by: Martin Peeters, Netherlands,
Focal Point of the WBCC
Past Newsmails can be found at http://www.wbcc-online.com/newsmail/wbccnews.html
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
Welcome into the
World of Bi-, Tri- and Tetra-metallics.
first you have to join the newsgroup.
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
1. New WBCC members....by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal Point
We have a new WBCC member. Let me introduce him to you:
Name: Dario Silva (WBCC member 566), Venezuela
Profession: Mechanical Engineer
Hobby? Circulating Bi- and/or Tri-metallic coins of the world
Goal: My objective, is seeking global bimetallic coins, preferably unc or in good condition.
Against: I offer all kinds of coins and Banknotes of Venezuela, or other collectibles,
always agreement between the parties. In exchange for bimetallic of the worldwide.
How did I know about the WBCC: Link in the history of Bi-metallic coins (wikipedia in spanish)
2. Bi-metallic 2 Pound 2014 from UK....by Paul Baker, UK
The designs of the Bi-metallic 2 Pound 2014 coins are detailed as follows...
a. DESIGN FOR TWO-POUND COINS COMMEMORATING THE CENTENARY OF
THE FIRST WORLD WAR
b. DESIGN FOR TWO-POUND COINS COMMEMORATING THE FIVE HUNDREDTH
As per Poland numismatic schedule for 2014, Two Bi-metallic 5 Zlotys will be issued on 22nd May and 7 th November.
The mintage is very high: http://www.nbp.pl/en/banknoty/kolekcjonerskie/plan_2014_en.pdf
4. Bi-metallic 2 Euro 2014 commemorative overview...by Pabitra Saha, UK
Announced Bi-metallic 2 Euro commemoratives Issues for 2014
- Germany | St. Andrew's Church in Hildesheim, Lower Saxony - Spain | Works of Antoni Gaudí
- Slovakia | 10 Years of Slovakian Membership in European Union
- Portugal  | 40 Years since the Carnation Revolution
- Portugal  | International Year of Family Farming
- San Marino  | 500th anniversary since the death of Donato Bramante
- San Marino  | 90th anniversary since the death of Giacomo Puccini
- France  | 70 Years since D-Day - France  | World AIDS Day
- Luxembourg  | 175th Anniversary of the Foundation of Luxemburg's Independence
- Luxembourg  | To Be Decided
- Malta | Independence from Britain in 1964
- Netherlands | 200th Anniversary of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
- Slovenia | 600th Anniversary since the Coronation of Barbara of Celje
- Vatican City | 25 years since the fall of the Berlin Wall
5. Bi-metallic 2 Euro 2013 from Monaco....by Pabitra Saha, UK
Monaco Bi-metallic 2 Euro 2013 is released
6. Bi-metallic 2 Euro 2013 from Finland....by Pabitra Saha, UK
Finland 2nd Bi-metallic 2 Euro 2013 is released
7. Bi-metallic Quiz Game #901….…by Jack Hepler, USA
The Office of Economic Development was honored twice with a commemorative Thailand Bi-metallic 10 Baht coin.
It was honored on its 50th anniversary and again on the 60th. The stated aim of the office:
a. Alleviation of Poverty and Income Distribution problems
b. Enhancing Thailand’s Competitiveness
c. Promoting Social Capital Development
d. Promoting Sustainable Development
How many members comprise the National Economic and Social Development Board?
See this coin and others at the WBCC website: http://wbcc-online.com Please send your answer to: email@example.com
WBCC Quiz Game Prize
A Bi-metallic prize will be awarded for the correct answer.
If more than two members play the game and get the correct answer, a random drawing will be conducted to select a winner.
Bi-metallic Quiz question #900
The Siriraj Hospital 120th anniversary is commemorated on a Thailand Bi-metallic 10 Baht commemorative coin.
In which year was the hospital commemorated?
Answer: The 120th Anniversary of the Siriraj Hospital was commemorated in 2009 or 2551.
The Quiz Game #899. The prize winner will be announced in a later Newsmail.8. Super Quiz #34…………by Jack Hepler, USA
Austria has issued a series of Bi-metallic 25 Euro coins with a core of Niobium.
Niobium metal exhibits a rather novel characteristic that allows oxidation in predictable colors.
Austria has utilized this characteristic to produce colored Euro coins since 2003.
There have been three issues using the same color. Name the color and the years of issue.
Answer to Super Quiz #33
Eight “Bundesländer Series” Bi-metallic 2 Euro coin designs have been issued by Germany thus far.
Each coin features a landmark. Which two landmarks (of the eight) are the closest to each other?
The two closest landmarks are the Holston Gate in Lubeck,
Scheswig-Holstein and the Schweriner Schloss in
There were five players in this game.9.New Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images...by Rod Sell, WBCC Webmaster
The new Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images are shown at:
"See you" next week,
Martin Peeters, Focal Point of the Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club firstname.lastname@example.org
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was established September 14, 1996 and is the very first
Worldwide Collectors Club using the Internet. Goal of the WBCC is exchange Bi-, Tri-, and Tetra-metallics and
exchange knowledge about Bi-, Tri-, and Tetra-metallics
WBCC Webmaster: Rod Sell, Australia, email@example.com
WBCC DoCu-Centre: Frans Dubois, Netherlands, firstname.lastname@example.org
WBCC Research Centre: Paul Baker, UK, email@example.com
WBCC Developement Centre: Jack Hepler, USA, firstname.lastname@example.org
WBCC Public Relations Centre: Max Aiello, Italy, email@example.com
WBCC Focal Point ANA Conventions: Ray Lockwood, USA, firstname.lastname@example.org
WBCC Focal Point: Martin Peeters, The Netherlands, email@example.com
WBCC Website: http://wbcc-online.com