Bi-Metallic Collectors Club
Newsmail # 989
Newsmail 989, July 25 , 2015
Composed with help from members of the Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC),
and weekly published by: Martin Peeters, Netherlands, Focal Point of the WBCC
Past Newsmails can be found at http://www.wbcc-online.com/newsmail/wbccnews.html
Dear WBCC members and non WBCC members,
Welcome into the World of Bi-, Tri- and Tetra-metallics. I hope you enjoy reading this week's issue of the WBCC Newsmail.
1. Meeting WBCC members....by Martin Peeters, WBCC Focal Point
Received from Jack Hepler who traveled last weeks to Israel and India and met 2 WBCC members, here the pictures
given them a "WBCC Certificate Of Appriciation"
Meir Sapir, Israel; WBCC Member #296 Murali Kumar, India; WBCC Member #229
2. Bi-metallic 5 Euro 2015 from Luxembourg.......by Martin Peeters, The Netherlands
Luxembourg has issued a Bi-metallic 5 Euro2015 on July 23 commemorate Brandenbourg castle
3. Bi-metallic 2 Euro 2015 from Finland....by Pabitra Saha, UK
2015 Finland will issue third commemorative Bi-metallic 2 Euro coin dedicated to the 150th birthday of the Finnish painter Akseli Gallen-Kallela.
Currency according to the same source would be issued in October, with a volume of unknown issue.
External ring: CuNi
Center disc: 3 layers, Ni-Brass, Ni, Ni-brass
Diameter: 25.75 mm
Width: 2.20 mm
Weight: 8.50 g
4. Bi-metallic 2 Euro 2016 from San Marino....by Martin Peeters, The Netherlands
San Marino numismatic emissions program Bi-metallic 2 Euro 2016
- 2 Euro 2016 commemorative coin dedicated to the 550 anniversary of the death of Donatello.
- 2 Euro 2016 commemorative coin dedicated to the 400th anniversary of the death of William Shakespeare.
5. Bi-metallic 2 Euro 2016 from Spain....by Martin Peeters, The Netherlands
Spain Bi-metallic 2 Euro 2016 - Aqueduct of Segovia
6. Bi-metallic 2 Euro 2016 from Greece....by Martin Peeters, The Netherlands
Greece Numismatic Programme 2015 Bi-metallic 2 Euro 2016
- 2 Euro 2016 commemorative "75th Anniversary of the October 28, 1940" (Pending whether finally canceled.
If that were the case is one with the same volume of emission emit) (741,000 units in rolls, 7,500 BU in Coincard and Proof 1500).
- 2 Euro 2016 commemorative "30th Anniversary of the European Flag" (741,000 units in rolls, 7,500 and 1,500 BU in Coincard Proof).
7. Bi-metallic Offer......by Vladimir Startsev, Russia
I can offer for sale my Bi-metallic coin to all members of the Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club.
State of Numisma
50 numismaru 2015
Moscow mint Mintage - 200
Brass center in CuNi ring
Proof, In capsule, 27 mm.
Edge : Plain
Price = $22 + registered shipping from Russia $3
Paypal Payment accepted.
If you are interrested in ths Bi-metallic, e-mail me at: email@example.com
8. Bi-metallic Quiz Game #989….…by Jack Hepler, USA
The 2004 Bi-metallic 100 Pesos honoring the Mexican State of Nayarit is shown below.
What is the capital of Nayarit?
Coat of Arms Coin
See this coin and others at the WBCC website: http://wbcc-online.com Please send your answer to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WBCC Quiz Game Prize
A Bi-metallic prize will be awarded each month. The player who has the most correct answers in a month will be the winner.
If there is a tie, a random drawing will be conducted to select a winner. The June prize is a Bi-metallic 2 Dollars of Canada or other suitable coin.
Bi-metallic Quiz question #988
A 2005 Russian Bi-metallic 10 Roubles shows the Coat of Arms of an Oblast. According to Wikipedia,
there is no specific administrative city but the governance is distributed throughout the region.
Which Oblast is so described?
Answer: Moscow Oblast
9. Super Quiz #37…………by Jack Hepler, USA
There is an architectural structure in the southern hemisphere that is featured on a circulating Bi-metallic coin of a country in the northern hemisphere.
Name the structure and the coin on which it is featured.
Answer to Super Quiz #36
There are at least seven countries with Bi-metallic coins incorporating the image of a bridge. Name four and the body of water under the bridge.
China: Macau Bridge: Pearl River
Czech: Charles Bridge: Vitava River
Finland: Lumberjack: Kemijok River
Hong Kong: Tsing Ma: Ma Wan Channel
Hungary: Chain Bridge: Danube River
Japan: Hakata Bridge: Sea of Japan
Russia: Several bridges and waters
Turkey: Bosporus Bridge: Bosporus Strait
There were five players in this game.
The winner is John Veltmeyer, WBCC member #87
10. New Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images...by Rod Sell, WBCC Webmaster
The new Bi-, Tri-, or Tetra-metallic images are shown at:
"See you" next week,
Martin Peeters, Focal Point of the Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club email@example.com
The Worldwide Bi-metallic Collectors Club (WBCC) was established September 14, 1996 and is the very first
Worldwide Collectors Club using the Internet. Goal of the WBCC is exchange Bi-, Tri-, and Tetra-metallics and
exchange knowledge about Bi-, Tri-, and Tetra-metallics
WBCC Webmaster: Rod Sell, Australia, firstname.lastname@example.org
WBCC DoCu-Centre: Frans Dubois, Netherlands, email@example.com
WBCC Research Centre: Paul Baker, UK, firstname.lastname@example.org
WBCC Developement Centre: Jack Hepler, USA, email@example.com
WBCC Public Relations Centre: Max Aiello, Italy, firstname.lastname@example.org
WBCC Focal Point ANA Conventions: Ray Lockwood, USA, email@example.com
WBCC Focal Point: Martin Peeters, The Netherlands, firstname.lastname@example.org
WBCC Website: http://wbcc-online.com
WBCC Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/WBCC/490936297677751
The WBCC will attend the following future International events:
* Open Day, Royal Dutch Mint, June 2016, Utrecht, The Netherlands